Burning a linux boot cd from .cue/.bin

Hi all!

I’m having a hard time trying to burn a .cue/.bin file which contains a cd-bootable linux distribution. I’ve been trying to burn the image with Nero, CDRWin, and fireburner, and the burning process is always successful, but the contents of the CD-R are not readable afterwards (linux & windows).
The .cue-file looks like this:

FILE "bootcd.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:06:00

I opened the file with IsoBuster, and it shows that track 1 is bootable, and has ISO9660, Joliet and Rock Ridge file systems. The file system of track 2 is not recognizable.

I can extract both tracks with FireBurner 2.2.1, and get 2 files:

• Track01.iso, size ~1 MB
  • Track02.iso, size ~745 MB

When opening Track01.iso with IsoBuster again, it shows all files that are supposed to be there (~649 MB). This is clearly wrong, because the whole track is only 1 MB in size.

If I burn only Track 1 on a CD-R, I can see all the files, but cannot open them (of course, because the data wasn’t burnt). If I burn both tracks, I cannot see the contents at all.

I really wonder what went wrong. :confused:
The Rock Ridge filesystem shouldn’t be a problem, because I am burning the whole image, right?

Pleeeeease help me! :bow:

phoenix_de

I think the problem is that you burn the iso on the cd.You don’t have to burn the iso on the cd but what’s on the iso.

I would sugest using alcohol 120%.This program is exelent at burnig images.Just select the image to burn ,then select the datatype (normale cd) and the contents of the iso wil be burned .

Have fun.

Hi donfabrizio!

Thanks for your answer! :slight_smile: I thought none of you would reply…

Originally posted by donfrabrizio
I think the problem is that you burn the iso on the cd.You don’t have to burn the iso on the cd but what’s on the iso.

I know that, sorry for not making myself clear. I burned what’s on the iso onto the cd, but with Nero and CDRWin that failed.
Alcohol 120% finally did the trick, thanks for the tip!

Now that I think about it… alcohol always does the trick. :wink:

When loading the .bin/.cue file into Alcohol’s “virtual drive”, the result was the same as with Nero and CDRWin (no files visible… see my last post). But when I burnt it on a cd anyway, it finally worked!

Thanks again and have fun yourself! :bigsmile: