Burning a hidden song before track one

vbimport

I read on another forum here that the Samsung SH-S203B drive is capable of hiding a song before track one, so I bought one. Indeed it can do that, which I’m very happy about, but I can’t seem to do it using my program of choice, which is CD Architect. (It’s possible to do using Exact Audio Copy.) CD Architect will let me put a gap there of any length and drop any song(s) in there, but when I try to burn the disc, I get an error message saying the drive won’t allow it (which of course isn’t true) and it stops burning. Anyone know of a way around this?

no first time i heard of this . what is the perpose of the hiddin song ?

[QUOTE=ghosts;2067383]no first time i heard of this . what is the perpose of the hiddin song ?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know myself don’t see the point on this process at all :confused:

There have been several store bought CDs over the years that hide an audio track in the pause of track 1 (and other tracks). In order to play the song one must hit the ‘rewind’ button on the player. This is usually done as a ‘bonus’ to those smart enough to figure it out.

When you ask a player to play track 1, it goes to track 1 index 1 (same goes for any track regarding the index). There may have been 10 minutes of track 1 index 0 (pause) that most never even know was there. The only way to hear it is to rewind. Players always go to track # index 1 when asked to play a track. Usually if you just play the CD from beginning to end, you will hear all the ‘hidden’ songs that happen except for the one in the first track. This is because the pause (index 0 area) is normally played between tracks when not advancing manually to the next track(s).

It takes a compatible drive and compatible burning software to support this.

RM

[QUOTE=RichMan;2067459]There have been several store bought CDs over the years that hide an audio track in the pause of track 1 (and other tracks). In order to play the song one must hit the ‘rewind’ button on the player. This is usually done as a ‘bonus’ to those smart enough to figure it out.

When you ask a player to play track 1, it goes to track 1 index 1 (same goes for any track regarding the index). There may have been 10 minutes of track 1 index 0 (pause) that most never even know was there. The only way to hear it is to rewind. Players always go to track # index 1 when asked to play a track. Usually if you just play the CD from beginning to end, you will hear all the ‘hidden’ songs that happen except for the one in the first track. This is because the pause (index 0 area) is normally played between tracks when not advancing manually to the next track(s).

It takes a compatible drive and compatible burning software to support this.

RM[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info :cool:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome on board IvenFaint. :iagree: :clap:
For info on HTOA, see [B][U]here[/U][/B]:
Not sure about what s/w to use to create your own though. :eek:

It is also dependent on the software used, of course.

Thanks for the help everyone. From what I can tell, I may just have to wait for Sony to update CD Architect before it will allow this.

It’s just strange though because you can set up a CD image with whatever you want before track one - it just won’t burn the disc.

I guess I’ll have to use EAC in the meantime. :frowning:

For those of you wondering about the reason, it’s pretty much what’s been said. My band is making CDs and we just thought it’d be interesting to put one or two demo tracks ‘hidden’ before track one. They’re not songs that are part of the album or songs we think everyone should hear - just a little bonus for those curious enough to look there.