Burning a DVD using NeroCom

vbimport

I would like to modify the NeroFiddles VB code example so that I can burn data files to CD or DVD. Currently my code only burns to CD. If I insert a DVD it spits it out when I try to burn and asks for the proper medium. I think the lines of code i need to modify are as follows:

Set drives = nero.GetDrives(NERO_MEDIA_CDR)

drive.BurnIsoAudioCD "blahblah","blahblah", 0, isotrack, Nothing, Nothing, NERO_BURN_OPTION_CREATE_ISO_FS + NERO_BURN_OPTION_USE_JOLIET + NERO_BURN_FLAG_SIMULATE, 0, NERO_MEDIA_CD

However, I am not quite sure which flags I need to set in order to burn to DVD.

Any ideas?

I think the lines of code i need to modify are as follows:
Set drives = nero.GetDrives(NERO_MEDIA_CDR)

No, this is not mandatory. This argument is only for specifying for which media type you want to have the property WriteSpeeds and ReadSpeeds of NeroDrive initialized.

drive.BurnIsoAudioCD “blahblah”,“blahblah”, 0, isotrack, Nothing, Nothing, NERO_BURN_OPTION_CREATE_ISO_FS + NERO_BURN_OPTION_USE_JOLIET + NERO_BURN_FLAG_SIMULATE, 0, NERO_MEDIA_CD

Normally, you just have to specify NERO_MEDIA_DVD_ANY as media type here. Additionally, it makes sense to specify NERO_BURN_FLAG_DAO for DVDs.

Thanks for the reply Matze, I’ve now got my DVD burning working OK.

However, in the end I couldn’t get the burn flag NERO_MEDIA_DVD_ANY to work. When I used this flag I got the message ‘Waiting for a particular media type’ ‘Unknown’. Then when I put in my DVD -R it ejected it and gave the message ‘Aborted by user’

In the end I used the flag NERO_MEDIA_DVD_M_R.
When I used this flag I got the message ‘Waiting for a particular media type’ ‘DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW’. I then put in my DVD and the burn process continued as normal.

I think maybe there’s something weird about the DVD flags but at least it’s working now.