Burning a copyrighted "sony" dvd

i just purchased the new dvd release of “little man” and i tried backing it up with just DVDshrink but that doesnt work because I guess DVDshrink cant handle copywritten dvd’s like that. So I just want to know the easiest way to put this on a dvd-r. If you have to provide a link to a Guide tutorial then whatever. I just want to have this explained in simplist form. Thanks in advance

Simplest way is to rip the disc with RipIt4Me (freeware) and then run DvdShrink.

Backed it up just fine with AnyDVD amd CloneDVD2.

Just tried with AnyDVD and Clone DVD and it didn’t work. There seems to be a nasty new copy protection on this one. Tried latest versions of DVD Shrink, DVD Fab Decrypter, DVD Decrypter. BTW what is the latest release for AnyDVD?

6.0.8.2 currently …

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

:wink:

That’s what I thought. I have the latest update and it still doesn’t work. This is a region 1 NTSC DVD BTW.

Maybe you have a bad source disc Jesterrace, I have played a source disc all the way through and did not notice anything wrong but when I went to back it up I had problems, took it back and got another and the problems were gone. Just a thought.:clap:

Just made a backup copy of Little Man Region 1 with AnyDVD v6.0.8.2 / Clone v2.9.01 without any problems.

Personally I found this DVD Movie not worth the time/effort and a blank Taiyo Yuden TYG02 to make a backup copy. The Movie Studios need to get better writers and actors or these guys are going to go broke.

Regards,
bjkg

That is what I concluded even though the disc is brand new. Yeah, I will get another one. This isn’t the first time that I have had a factory defective disc though.

It happens more often than some people might think. They are sometimes pressed incorrectly.

Also, I think the quality control of disc manufacturing has got worse over the last few years. It seems to be almost impossible nowdays to get scratch free discs. I have discs from 1999 which are still in pristine condition.

I also have a disc which has four big finger prints on the inside of the disc and between the layers.

Sounds like optical media. The trade off for lower costs and larger quantities though.

keep in mind clonedvd will allow you to back up “little man” but when u watch the whole movie, it cuts off in the middle. Watch it before you say u backed it up. Other than that everyting is normal, the menus the quality everyting… then u get 45 minutes into the movie and it automatically starts from the beginning.

Well then you must have done something wrong. Unless you are talking about the cheap clonedvd.net knockoff, the real clonedvd from Elby does just fine on Little Man when used with Anydvd 6082 for sure.

I found that Ripit4me, Dvd Shrink, FixVTS, and Dvd Decrypter worked flawlessly!! Thanks to all.

Not had any any problems burning sony disks with magic dvd ripper
maybe you should try that

ALL SONY MOVIES HAVE ARCOSS COPY PROTECTION TRY USING DVD Region+CSS Free WITH EITHER NERO RECODE OR DVD SHRINK I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMBO, IF YOU USE ANYDVD MAIN TITLE FILM WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED IF YOU GO TO RE-AUTHOR BECAUSE OF THE BAD SECTOR MAKE UP OF THE DVD DISC---------------------SILVERSURFER-----------------------

@ joeborg

Please do [B]not[/B] type in all capitals. It is considered to be shouting and most users find it extremely irritating.