Burning a .cda audio cd

ok guys - I am a newbie with this burning audio disks ( well actually I used to burn them but I now have a mp3 player and just drag and drop ) My mom has a very beloved audio cd that she wants copied with a few extra songs added ( these I have downloaded in mp3 format ) - so in total about 14 songs ( most .cda and a few mp’s ). She wants to play this cd in her car.
I have tried Microsoft media player and Nero but no luck
Can anyone help me with straight forward easy to understand instructions.
pleeeeaaaseeee

You can’t simply drag and drop the .cda files from your ma’s cd to your compilation,you have to RIP(extract) those files to your working folder.
Open Nero,choose new compilation-audiocd,then select the songs from the right pane and drag them to the left window.you can add some extra info about the music too,it’s all pretty sthraightforward.

And besides that, since you [I]are[/I] burning a standard audio CD, you’ll want to make sure that when adding the “few extra songs” it doesn’t exceed the disc’s max(playing time) 74~80min…

1. Make a folder where you´ll easily find it again (I usually do such projects directly on the desktop…move it away or delete it later when the job is done)

2. Rip the tracks from the CD to this folder…Nero can do this

3. Convert the MP3 files to WAV using Nero. Save the output in the same folder.

4. Use Nero to make an audio CD.

Note: try to use a good brand of disc, such as Verbatim, and burn it at 16x, and, as tOnee1 mentioned, make sure you don´t exceed the normal max playing time!

[QUOTE=deanimator;2287624]1)2) Rip the tracks from the CD to this folder…Nero can do this
3) Convert the MP3 files to WAV using Nero. Save the output in the same folder.[/QUOTE]

You can add the cdtracks and .mp3’s directly to your project without these steps…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2288097]You can add the cdtracks and .mp3’s directly to your project without these steps…[/QUOTE]

You can do anything you want, but it´s not helpful if the CD player can´t read MP3.

[QUOTE=deanimator;2288119]You can do anything you want, but it´s not helpful if the CD player can´t read MP3.[/QUOTE]

You didnt’t get it,did you?:disagree::wink:
Nero,like most advanced burning suites(for example,Padus DiscJuggler)can add every supported audioformat to a compilation directly and convert it on the fly to a nice big wave while importing that file…:bow:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2288097]You can add the cdtracks and .mp3’s directly to your project without these steps…[/QUOTE]

ONLY if you have chosen the right project/preset first.

Hi - me again - thanks for all the responses but the problem is I don’t want to spend 80.00 on a program to burn for one audio cd for my ma ? It appears that my Nero is a media player only -oops !!!. Can anyone suggest some freeware that will do the same thing pls ?

Try Burrrn. It´s free and pretty useful

Here´s a link http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burrrn.html

[QUOTE=lfelton99;2288512] It appears that my Nero is a media player only -oops !!!.[/QUOTE]

Strange…normally,worst case scenario,is that you get a Nero Express version bundled with your burner so it’s VERY strange that you get a media player-only version,but I fully support deanimator’s suggestion of Burrrn for burning audio…

I downloaded the program you suggested and it doesn’t support .cda file formats :sad:

any other suggestions would be helpful

@lfelton99; First I’m going to assume the CD your mom wants a back up copy of is a commercial CD .
You need to rip it to your hard drive with EAC or CDex both are freeware. You want to rip the .cda’s as .wav.
The .cda’s aren’t really files anyway they are track pointers.
Once you get that done you can use a program to burn them to a new CD-R.
I’m not sure Burrn will work with both .wav & .mp3 at the same time I haven’t tried it.It’s also hard to figure out if you will have the disc space on the disc when you do it that way.
The basics are you can’t burn more kb/s or MB/s than the CD-R will hold.So even if Burrn will do both at the same time it might be able to burn all you want because it will run out of space.
Unfortunatly the best way is to use a program that converts files to a different format to convert the .mp3’s to .wav & burn all as .wav’s .That way you will know if they will all fit on the disc.
There is a freeware program Format Factory that should be able to do the conversion for you…
Last ImgBurn will also burn an Audio CD.

Hi - thanks for the quick reply - the cd is a oldies favorite and it is not a commerical cd but a homemade one. She wants some of the songs taken off and in place of those - new ones ( that I have downloaded in mp3 format) to replace the ones I deleted. I think everything will fit as I am not technically adding more but replacing ones.

i will give this a try :slight_smile: