Burning a blank dvd+r of Taiyo-Yuden at 1X

vbimport

Hi i need to burn a ISO file on the dvd .I have Taiyo-Yuden dvd+r 8x.
The problem is the iso file needs to be burned at 1x or 2X , because this DVD contains more than 250,000 files - if i do not burn the ISO file SLOWLY, i will get read errors, guaranteed ,burn the ISO at
1x, regardless of how fast your burner and discs are.

I tried to burn some Moser baer at 1x it burned succesfully, i burned it on Img burn and Nero 8.2.8.0 but when it was verfying that data it started giving Data error on the dvd that i had burned.I am not sure how to go about it should burn the Taiyo-Yuden dvd+r 8x at 1x or burn at 8x.

Thanks

As far as I know, the number of files doesnt matter at all.

Burn the disc at 8x for best burn quality.

1x burning will result in more errors. Taiyo Yuden 8x +R are some of the best 8x discs ever made. They are designed to be burnt @ 8x and any newer DVD writer will have no problems writing to these discs @ 8x. Some will even burn them @ 12x with no problems.

I suggest a minimum speed of 4x. Unless you are using an ancient writer that has no support for these discs. In which case please get a new writer as they’re dirt cheap now and way faster+better than ever before.

The minimum burn speed for a dvd+r is 2.4x.

[QUOTE=bope;2084803]I tried to burn some Moser baer at 1x it burned succesfully[/QUOTE]I really wonder how you did that! Would you mention the burner used? I don’t know of any modern PC burner able to burn @1X. :disagree:

As others have mentioned, the number of files has no impact whatsoever on the burning quality. You’ve been misinformed by… misinformed people, or maybe extremely outdated sources on the net. Maybe, though, you have a huge burst rate issue (or buffer issue) with your computer, that lead you to think that slower burning speeds are necessary. Only seriously messed-up configs will bring such issues, and lowering the burning speed is only a poor workaround.

Nowadays @4X is the absolute minimum speed to burn current SL media with correct quality. Slower almost always gives awful burns since the media isn’t manufactured for such slow speeds. Add to this the fact that the burners will then resort to generic strategies, not suited to the specific media you feed it.

I wonder how long we’ll have to fight this Urban Myth about slowest burning speeds… :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2084916]I wonder how long we’ll have to fight this Urban Myth about slowest burning speeds… :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Just wait until Blu-Ray picks up and this topic will start all over again :stuck_out_tongue: