Burning a AVI file on DVD Problem--No Audio--Need Help

Hey guys,

I have a AVI file that’s pretty big on my comp (1.7 GB). After I started playing it, I noticed there was no sound, and the Windows Media Player stated I needed a AC3 Filter codec.

I downloaded it, and the sound is great on the computer–everything works fine.

But when I go to burn the dual layer DVD (file is big), I pop the burned DL DVD into my PS3 and only the video plays–no audio.

I try to play it in another player, too, and same situation happens. Any help would be great. My first thought was that the PS3 or DVD player needs the same codec installed to play the audio on the dvd properly–like my computer needed.

If so, is there any way to do that? I don’t have my PS3 hooked to the Internet…is there a way to burn a codec to a CD or dvd and have this work? Is it another issue I’m not seeing?

Thanks!

Any help would be great, thanks.

I have a AVI file that’s pretty big on my comp (1.7 GB)

What’s the run time?

Run it through avidemux & convert the audio to aac :wink:
Leave the Video stream as straight copy.

Hey guys…the video is roughly 90 mins or so.

I’m not too familiar with what you just mentioned, debro.

Are there good tutorials on this? Is this relatively easy to accomplish? Is it a good guarantee to fix the problem?

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=PacMan3000;2302538][B]Hey guys…the video is roughly 90 mins or so.
[/B]

Are there good tutorials on this? Is this relatively easy to accomplish? Is it a good guarantee to fix the problem?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Is this a movie? Are you converting this 90 minute AVI to a DVD (DVD compliant files that include a VIDEO_TS folder) that will play in a regular standalone DVD player?

Note there is no pressing reason to burn 90 minutes to a DL disc.

Hi,

It’s sort of a movie/music video tribute type of thing.

I’m using the Ulead DVD Movie Facotry 6 program, and when I asked it to burn to a regular DVD, it was telling me that the file, for whatever reason, wouldn’t fit onto the disc.

Get DVD Flick (free) and put it on one [B]SL[/B] disc. It should look and work fine.

You don’t need codecs you need a properly authored DVD.

You didn’t bother to put where you are from in your profile. Choose the appropriate TV system, NTSC or PAL, in Flick before you start.

[QUOTE=PacMan3000;2302538]Hey guys…the video is roughly 90 mins or so.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Incredibly easy.

Install avidemux - run it.
Drag and drop your problematic avi file into it. Avidemux will open it, parse it, and sit there waiting for you to tell it what to do.

On the left of the windows is a Video section, and an audio section.
Both sections will be already set to “direct copy”.
Click the audio section dropbox, and select AAC (or whatever variant they have of it).

Then click File->Save & tell it where you want it saved (just like Microsoft Word).
Tada.

Now you need to be aware that most avi compatible DVD players won’t play aac audio - but the ps3 will.