Burning 800 meg music CDs

Hey guys, i know you heard this question probably 100 times, but it always seems to be about data… Question is .
Is there a way to burn like … 90 minutes of music on a 700 meg CD-R ? and if so , how do i do it?
All the topics regarding overburning seem to be on files, but i want to know if i can make a 90 min CD with a compilation of music that i can actually play in my Car’s CD deck… if so, help me out with some pointers …

thanks a bunch..

P.S.: if you reference any programs , can ya shoot me the links to them too ? thanx :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by madmonk888

Is there a way to burn like … 90 minutes of music on a 700 meg CD-R ? and if so , how do i do it?

1. Plextor Premium with its Gigarec feature would do the magic.
    Even if so, there’s no guarantee those “compressed” tracks will be playable in your car player.

2. 90’ CDRs, which is up to 94’ of music.
    Is the player capable of accepting those ? Have you ever tried such discs ?
    I mean, AFAIK, some folks have compatibility troubles even w their 80’ CDRs.

FYI, a 80’ CDR contains approximately 703 MB of data or 805 MB of audio, usually it’s 815-830 MB or 15-20 tracks.

no idea what the plextor thing is, but i have played 80min CDRs in my CD deck before, even so, wouldnt 700 megs be 80 min ? how do i overburn to 800 megs =94 min or whatever it adds to … can Nero do this ?

All the topics regarding overburning seem to be on files

overburning an audio cd is essentially the same as overburning a data cd, but there’s no way u can fit 90 min onto an 80min/700mb cd. most 80 min cds can be overburned up to around 82:30. if u want to fit 90 min of audio onto a cd, the options BoSkin listed are the only ones that can possibly work, and even then they’re not guaranteed to work. one more possible option is Sanyo’s HD-Burn technology, which appears to be similar to Gigarec. if u want to use 90/99 min cds, u can use nero as long as u set the overburn limit high enough.

how do i overburn to 800 megs =94 min or whatever it adds to … can Nero do this ?
Once again, you can ONLY overburn it to 82-83’ and that’s it.

Goto Plextor site if you’re interested in finding out more of the Gigarec feature.
It allows you to record up to 1,1 GB on a 800 MB disc.

hmm so only solution is get a new CD recorder, or 90 min CDs… never seen any of those in stores before , where do they sell ?

where do they sell ?
Plextor 52x32x52 PlexWriterâ„¢ Premium

( btw, w the review from CDFreaks, thanks to Dennis ! :smiley: )

You can try 90min. discs, but most players won’t accept it.
If you’ll only use them it in a certain player, you can try it, but it won’t be compatible with a lot of players:
http://www.feurio.com/English/faq/faq_writer_99mincdr.shtml

Check how much you can overburn with your writer:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

I only overburn 80min. discs up to 82 minutes.
I think that 90min. discs are “dangerous”. I don’t like them at all (and there is no serious manufacturer making these “discs”).