Burning 5 different dvd's simultaneously

vbimport

I’m not sure if this is the right forum, if it’s not, sorry.

I recently put together a new rig that has five dvd burners (2 blue/ 3 non-blue). Does anyone know of a program that can simultaneously burn five different dvds ?

:cool:

[QUOTE=i7940;2181642]I’m not sure if this is the right forum, if it’s not, sorry.

I recently put together a new rig that has five dvd burners (2 blue/ 3 non-blue). Does anyone know of a program that can simultaneously burn five different dvds ?

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I don’t know of any. All of the DVD duplication programs that I know of could only support one source DVD at a time although they support multiple burners used simultaneously (this limits the multiple simultaneous burn support to multiple copies of the same source DVD).

Also, if some of your source DVDs are commercial (copyrighted or copy-protected) DVDs, then sorry, we cannot help you there. We cannot be held liable for copyright infringement.

The larger question is how will you deliver 5 different data streams at once? Without 5 different hard drives, it will be near impossible. Most hard drives are hard-pressed to handle 2 burns, and usually at less than 16x. Plus, most controllers, even SATA controllers, do not have the bandwidth for that much data.

That said, Nero can do 4 at once, of the same compilation, assuming all the burners are the same. You can also open as many instances of Nero as you like and burn different compilations in each instance.

Multiple instances of ImgBurn at 8x has worked for some of us. You will have to try it to see what happens. Like CDan said you will probably have a bottle neck if you don’t have them setup on different channels and/or controllers etc…

Multiple ImgBurns should work fine as long as you keep it under 8x as long as you have 2 somewhat new HDDs…
SATA controllers will be more than fine to handle that kind of bandwidth (my old SB450-chipset handles more than 110mbyte/s) .
//Danne

It also depends a lot on your harddrive(s).

A 2-3 year old harddrive of mine will handle burning 3-4 different images at 8x simultaneously (using multiple instances of ImgBurn), while another 4 year old harddrive absolutely refuses to burn more than one at a time.

I don’t think there’s any other way to find out than to try it for yourself.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses… Just to add I have six hard drives - two raptors at 300 GB and 4 1.5 TB Seagates… I’m not sure but someone told me that a specific “run” sequence could be done… Has anyone heard of this?

Please keep the comments coming, I appreciate it…

Well there’s really nothing to add. Go for it like we do and report how it went.

There’s a few of us that have burned multiple dual layer discs. Myself 2 and beef barley tried 4 or 5 i believe with success.

A tip for you or to anyone else trying this … get your images ready first, load the blanks in the drives, then start up your ImgBurn instances, and start loading the images and burning them.

Also i really would not do much of anything with the pc you are doing this with at the burning stage. If your burning 2 or 3 it might be ok but 5 i personally would not.

Here’s a thread i started awhile back http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/dare-burn-2-verb-r-dls-once-226212/

There are others too if you want to hunt them.