Burning 3 CDs into DVD with Same File Names

Hi all

I have 3 iso CD’s of the “Rosetta Stone” application… which stand for levels 1-2-3 of this language course.

when i insert a cd into the drive (Virtual or phisical) it happens that i go to the “add level” option and it looks into the cd and says: “choose a level to add” and gives me a list with - ofcourse- one option only.

so i thought i could put the 3 levels into one DVD, and there was the problem when i found that the same file names are in every CD, same damn structre and the only way you could differentiate the CDs is by trying to add the level into the program and then it would tell you it’s “French LEVEL 2” or something.

as far as i can remember, some people used to put a DVD with many versions of windows like 1998+2000+XP on the same DVD, so that’s the same thing i’m talking about or what?.. can i do it and make a DVD where i can choose “add level” and it finds the 3 levels in the same DVD?

thanx in advance, any little hint would be much appreciated

Noooneh

Check out my post here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/create-dvd-cds-278438/#post2300888 regarding a similar problem.

Basically, unless you can delve into the install disk structure and separate the installation interface from the individual disk data and then rewrite the interface to pick up all three sets of data, you’re limited to cludging something together along the lines of my other post.

To start you off:

• create an autorun.inf (text) file with notepad containing the following:
[autorun]
open=autorun.bat
  • create an autorun.bat file with notepad, with something along the lines of:
@echo off
rem rosetta stone batch loader
:start
echo Enter level to load 1, 2 or 3 (0 to quit):
set /p choice=
if %choice% == 1  goto level1
if %choice% == 2  goto level2
if %choice% == 3  goto level3
if %choice% == 0  goto eof
goto start

:level1
rem change d: to your CD/DVD drive
rem and include path to daemon.exe unless it is in your path variable
daemon.exe -mount 0,"d:
ameofimage1.iso"
echo Wait for image to mount, then hit any key to continue...
pause
rem now run the installer from the mounted imagefile
e:\autorun.exe
goto start

:level2
goto start

:level3
goto start

N.B. this is pretty much off the top of my head so you might need to debug and tweak a little :wink:

To finish off, put the autorun.inf and autorun.bat files in the root folder of your DVDR along with your three ISOs and burn using ImgBurn.

Sláinte

midders

i still wonder about the way they put more than a windows version on the same DVD, i heard about it years ago and it was even a way to put more than 700MB into a CD… any help?

[QUOTE=noooneh;2305812]i still wonder about the way they put more than a windows version on the same DVD, i heard about it years ago [B]and it was even a way to put more than 700MB into a CD[/B]… any help?[/QUOTE]

LOL, [B]onto[/B] a CD, you can put up to 990mb if you want with the suitable media and burner…

Check google with the term “multisession” …