Burning 2 avi's w/ Convertxtodvd

vbimport

Hey I had 2 avi’s that I burned with convertxtodvd I used the merge feature and I burned the them to a disc. then on my standalone dvd player there was playback problems half-way through the movie, the disc, paused and got all glitchy, I think due to the merge. So my question is… Is it better to leave to avi’s as 2 different title sets or is there better software to merge the 2 avi’s?
Media=memorex
*using latest version of software

Post the burn log for the merge in question, if they are not the same format in the avi containers that does cause some problems when converting.

Does convertx have an option to have the end result go to your Hard drive. IF so, save it to HD, instead of burning to dvd, and see if it plays back okay on your pc. That will narrow it down to whether the problem has to do with your avi’s and software, or if it is a media issue.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2089835]Does convertx have an option to have the end result go to your Hard drive. IF so, save it to HD, instead of burning to dvd, and see if it plays back okay on your pc. That will narrow it down to whether the problem has to do with your avi’s and software, or if it is a media issue.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does Rob, just unckeck “burn result to dvd” in the settings under burning.

oh shooot my convertx is setup to remove dvd files after successful burn, but what i’ve heard from others was that they weren’t merging w/ convertx they were just leaving as to different files. and playing one file right after the other so I think I might try that sorry not much help thanks for everyones advice though I will also try different media aswell. and will post back if problems presist