Burning 16x With 4 Burners Simultaneously

hi guys.

i got 4 burners on my system. i want to burn 16x with 4 of them simultaneously. but when i try to do this it gets so slow. i takes about 30 munites. is there any way to make this at 16x or 8x. i would upgrade anything to make this possible. :bow:

my system is
d 930 cpu
2*512 twinmos
250 gb seagate sata2
2 lg-h10
2 benq-1650

two burners plugged on 1 ide channel right now

thanks

To get anything like good burn speeds for 4 burners each would need to be on it’s own IDE channel & the source of the burns also on separate HDDs. That’s assuming 4 different burn processes.

With 1 app like Nero or Roxio burning the same source to the 4 burners then you might get away with just the opticals being on separate channels.

I’ve done 2 burns simultaneously from 2 different sources with the burners on separate channels , burning at 8x successfully.

i’m allready burning same project simultaneously with nero. i dont burn different projects simultaneously. my mainboard has only 2 ide channels. if i get ide controller would that work properly at 16x.

Is your souce drive capable of delivering 100MB/s sustained data rate?

its a seagate 250 gb sata2. im not sure about that. how can i find it out.

All burners doing a simultaneous burn must be identical in every way, even then with things like WOPC operating, they can easily get out of synch and cause an IDE bottleneck - resulting in Nero freaking out and lowering the burn speed to 8x or even 4x.

Drives located on the same IDE cable can experience the same sort of issues. I would doubt you will ever pull this off at 16x, or even 8x. Your best bet will be 2 drives located on different IDE channels, burning at 8x or maybe 12x. But as soon as WOPC kicks in on one drive and not the other, the pause will empty the buffers and you’re back to downshifting speeds.

burn at 8x to same 2 burners on seperate cables with premium media
about as reliable and as fast as you’re gonna get, that’s why I have more computers

Get HD Tune and do a read test.

There is no such thing like a hard disc delivering 100MB/s continuosly for home user or business environments. Exception: Seagates Cheetah 15K.5 “first drive to break 100-Mbyte sustained”.

Michael

HD Tune: ST3250824AS Benchmark

Transfer Rate Minimum : 0.9 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 61.0 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 36.0 MB/sec
Access Time : 14.3 ms
Burst Rate : 101.0 MB/sec
CPU Usage : 11.8%

what i can’t understand ins why do i need a souce drive capable of delivering 100MB/s sustained data rate. i’m burnin one iso file to 4 dvd’s. i think i should have 22.16mb/s cuz i’m not burning for different iso files. do i really need 100mb/s.

bye the way is there anyone thinks its really possible to burn 4 discs simultaneously at 8x(i don’t think about 16x anymore). but it sould be stable and ok to read discs back.

The data are sent individually to each drive, for there is no such thing like an intelligent controller in standard computers. Things may be different with special controllers as used in commercial duplicator units.

bye the way is there anyone thinks its really possible to burn 4 discs simultaneously at 8x(i don’t think about 16x anymore). but it sould be stable and ok to read discs back.
No. That won’t work. Your harddisk has an average data rate of 36MB/sec. If there is no bottleneck in your system, you may be able to feed 2 drives @8x.

Michael

how about if i make sata raid 0 with two drives :bigsmile:

Huhu, have you read the RAID explanation already?

My tests with matched burners as standalone masters and nero and 8x simultaneous burning and a single hard drive(good sata) would indicated this thread is totally frivolous. Better stripe 4 drives.