Burning 100 min cds

vbimport

Hi,
I picked up a tub of 100 min cdr’s the other day, and tried to burn on one before with windows media player… however, the music compilation is 99 mins, but the media player says I only have 80 minutes on the disc to burn?

Am I doing something wrong? I then tried Nero, but that does the same? Any advice, tips, help? Thanks.

[QUOTE=njd1972;2162149]Hi,
I picked up a tub of 100 min cdr’s the other day, and tried to burn on one before with windows media player… however, the music compilation is 99 mins, but the media player says I only have 80 minutes on the disc to burn?

Am I doing something wrong? I then tried Nero, but that does the same? Any advice, tips, help? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

hi, i use Nero and the 99 min disks. Here’s what i do.Open Nero go into the settings then click “expert settings” tag look for some thing that says “overburn” select the " allow cd overburn,".Then set maximum disk time to 100 mins. click ok or next ( which ever it is).You will see The bar time has extended to 100 mins, when you go back to the recording screen.Add your music tracks ,then press burn it might say something like “warning there is not enough space on the disk do you wish to continue/overburn your disk” ( or words to that effect) i just press ok to continue to let it burn
I would not go right up to the 100 minuite limit as there has to be some space left on the disk for the writer to “close” or finalise it.

i don’t know if you have already tried this? .

I think some players are not compatable with 90/99 minuite disks and thats possibly why you get the error

Cheers for that, will give it a go.

[QUOTE=njd1972;2162165]Cheers for that, will give it a go.[/QUOTE]let me know if that solves your problem, as i went through quite a few disks myself before i figured it out…:o

I don’t know if it has been covered on this site already , if not, there is a nice and easy tutorial

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=253

Since normal CD-Rs are not designed for this amount of data, there may be errors at the end of the CD. You might also damage your CD recorder.

Cheers for the help.

I have tried, through the process you suggested, but the disc just skipped and skipped after burn in cd player. :frowning: I’ll keep trying.

[QUOTE=njd1972;2162340]Cheers for the help.

I have tried, through the process you suggested, but the disc just skipped and skipped after burn in cd player. :frowning: I’ll keep trying.[/QUOTE]Did you burn it at a slow speed? I usually put Nero on a lower recording setting when overburning, just to be on the safe side.

It may be that your player won’t accept 90/99 min disks.

How much cheaper are these 100 min CDs, byte-per-byte, compared to DVDs…?

Any special reason why CDs are needed?

Actually… the speed was 16x, BUT it took about 30 mins to burn anyway, which made me naturally cautious. What speed do you recommend for burning on these discs?

[QUOTE=njd1972;2162350]Actually… the speed was 16x, BUT it took about 30 mins to burn anyway, which made me naturally cautious. What speed do you recommend for burning on these discs?[/QUOTE]

Are you using other programmes whilst recording? as if your computer is running a lot of things it can effect the recording process it maybe theres not enough RAM free on your computer, and the buffer is running short transfering the information to the burner .

I shut down as many things on my computer as i can before burning. I usually set speed at 4x or 6x ( whichever is the lowest setting the burner supports), just to make sure it does a good burn, and make sure buffer underrun is working.you could also select verify which will check the disk after it has burned .

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2162349]How much cheaper are these 100 min CDs, byte-per-byte, compared to DVDs…?

Any special reason why CDs are needed?[/QUOTE]I believe Verbatim CD-R 52x 700MB (100 Spindle) can be brought for about £13.So on par with a similar amount of lower grade DVD disks,?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=ME-012-VB&groupid=701&catid=558&subcat=230&name=Verbatim%20CD-R%2052x%20700MB%20(100%20Spindle)

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2162349]How much cheaper are these 100 min CDs, byte-per-byte, compared to DVDs…?

Any special reason why CDs are needed?[/QUOTE]

exactly!.. cause nowadays it’s flat out cheaper/more efficient to burn DVD’s over CD’s unless it’s something like a standard MUSIC CD in which case you have no choice but to use a CD.

cause you can get pretty good DVD Burners for like 30 dollars or so online… and your typical ‘quality’ (i.e. Verbatim brand) DVD recordable disc for 100 of them usually range in the 30-35 dollar range depending on sales but sometimes you can get em less than 30 dollars… so for like 60-65 dollars or so you would have basically 470GB of storage space vs 70GB for the same amount using your typical CD-R’s.

also to OP… when burning DVD’s it’s probably best to avoid 16x or higher burning due to ‘quality’ reasons… typically speaking 8x or 12x is a pretty safe bet for quality although i suppose if you get a quality new burner you ‘might’ be able to burn @ 16x but that’s the max.

[QUOTE=NBR;2162509]exactly!.. cause nowadays it’s flat out cheaper/more efficient to burn DVD’s over CD’s unless it’s something like a standard MUSIC CD in which case you have no choice but to use a CD.

cause you can get pretty good DVD Burners for like 30 dollars or so online… and your typical ‘quality’ (i.e. Verbatim brand) DVD recordable disc for 100 of them usually range in the 30-35 dollar range depending on sales but sometimes you can get em less than 30 dollars… so for like 60-65 dollars or so you would have basically 470GB of storage space vs 70GB for the same amount using your typical CD-R’s.

also to OP… when burning DVD’s it’s probably best to avoid 16x or higher burning due to ‘quality’ reasons… typically speaking 8x or 12x is a pretty safe bet for quality although i suppose if you get a quality new burner you ‘might’ be able to burn @ 16x but that’s the max.[/QUOTE]yeah i understand what you both are saying about using DVD’s but this person said they are using a CD player.

[QUOTE=njd1972;2162340]Cheers for the help.

I have tried, through the process you suggested, but the disc just skipped and skipped after burn in [B]cd player[/B]. :frowning: I’ll keep trying.[/QUOTE]

I have been wrong before :doh:

Buy Mp3 Cd’s. I haven’t seen any in a while though…but if you find any(walmart or sumthin maybe???), each CD can hold a max of 25-30 songs per CD…