Burner

vbimport

I am new to cd coppying and I want to know what would be the best burner to get?

Buy a Plextor burner, those are the best out there no doubt about it. Both the IDE and SCSI (which I prefer) rule!!
They are reliable, fast, good quality and good warranty AND they are supported by CloneCD.

Djewst

Same as above : PLEXTOR rules
though I have to say that the HP9110 writer
works very fine to and is supported by Clonecd

I’d say buy a cheap one. There are a so many programs which can copy protected cd’s that it really doesn’t matter which burner u have. The quality of the burners mentioned above are indeed better, but I don’t think they’re worth the exra $

hey scalle , about the hp9110 , it works very fine indeed but a question I have some problems here with some cds like the TL’s and psx cds and other ones (data mode2).
I get buffer underuns when I copy on the fly.
Never had a buffer underun when I use an image to HDD first , but on the fly is sometimes very handy

ehhm Candyman. I heard (not sure though) copying on the fly works better if u select your computer to work as a networkserver. I have a Dutch version of windows so this is ruffly translated. U can do that under :

configuration screen /system / performance / file system.

If u’ve done that already and if u have to copy on the fly u should burn at 1X.
If that doesn’t work u need a faster cdromplayer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Meurz:
I’d say buy a cheap one. There are a so many programs which can copy protected cd’s that it really doesn’t matter which burner u have. The quality of the burners mentioned above are indeed better, but I don’t think they’re worth the exra $<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I first had a cheap burner and everything went wrong. A few months ago I got a Plextor SCSI PX R820T and nothing went wrong. So it’s worth the extra money.

Go out and buy PLEX!!!

I started out with a cheap CD-R and everything worked just fine I now have a Mitsumi 4804TE ATAPI and everything still works just fine.I haven’t come across a game / app I couldn’t copy ahemm backup. I don’t bother with SCSI and if you read the helpfile that comes with CloneCD neither did he until recently.

I have an old IDE burner.
It’s not fast. It reads at 6X and writes and rewrites at 2X. But I haven’t even seen a cd protection I can’t get around. I don’t even need crackz. Perhaps there was something else wrong with your system Pirm. Ever think about that ? So if there’s no reason for u to burn faster why pay the extra $. But like I already said I do not question the superiority of a plextor. And yes SCSI is better, but wouldn’t u also need a SCSI card then ? Even more $.