Burner will burn cds but not dvds (LG GSA-4166B)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4166B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have an LG Light scribe CD/DVD burner and it burns cds fine but wont burn dvds. Tried both dvd-r and dvd+r using nero. Nero says writting lead in but then freezes there. DVD wont eject i have to restart. I tried iso file with PowerISO and got message " There is not enough free blocks on media" I have updated the firmware for the burner. And have tried both video and files but still got nowhere. Has anybody heard of this or experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance —Andy

There are two different lasers in your drive, one for burning cds, one for dvds. The dvd laser may be malfunctioning.

would i be getting a " There is not enough free blocks on media" message if that was the case?

Use Imgburn and post a log here.

[QUOTE=andy21918;2115111][qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4166B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have an LG Light scribe CD/DVD burner and it burns cds fine but wont burn dvds. Tried both dvd-r and dvd+r using nero. Nero says writting lead in but then freezes there. DVD wont eject i have to restart. I tried iso file with PowerISO and got message " There is not enough free blocks on media" I have updated the firmware for the burner. And have tried both video and files but still got nowhere. Has anybody heard of this or experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance —Andy[/QUOTE]

Is it still in warranty? And what firmware are you using? What kinda media are you using?