Burner/software advice required

vbimport

hi,

im i nthe market for a new burner and the right software to use with it. im using windows 98SE (still! but it does work! lol)

i will be using it for ripping audio CD's (getting round copy protection would be good to have) also use it for software and bakcing up files on PC.

have heard plextor and lite-on are good, whats your opinion on a burner/software combination for my required uses?

mike

For ripping audio cds Plex is still the best. Lite-On can’t read audioprotected cds.

Software? For ripping audio cds most people here use ExactAudioCopy.

Maybe you should read some reviews of burners on the mainpage. These reviews are very good and give (almost) all information you need.

Plextor has a very good reputation for Audio CDs. The quality is also top notch.

Lite-On drives are very good for protected games.

Software :- Exact audio copy can be used for ripping songs. u could also try feurio. there are many out there. just try something else if one does not work or else visit cd freaks back.

thanks for your replies guys, plextor it is.

thanks once again.

mike

:slight_smile: just sold my Plextor and bought a lite on just so i can flash it to 48x :wink:

You can also try the Asus burners as I do belive that they can do both Audio and Software protections.

Originally posted by GhostBear
You can also try the Asus burners as I do belive that they can do both Audio and Software protections.
Asus burners is what FP also suggests, and FP knows his numbers :wink:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Asus burners is what FP also suggests, and FP knows his numbers :wink:

for those not down with hemispasms lingo and code names…

fp = future proof…an Admin and Moderator of The clone CD and Clone CD Experienced users forums.

he deserves much :bow: :bow:

ok :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

oh and by the way, i love :bow:

Originally posted by GhostBear

According to cdrinfo NOT…:confused:

Originally posted by roadworker
[B]

According to cdrinfo NOT…:confused: [/B]
Never trust a Greek guy’s advice (appart from me!) :wink:

I think FP knows what he’s talking about… you can always try it out yourself - have a friend with an asus burner?

Originally posted by roadworker
[B]

According to cdrinfo NOT…:confused: [/B]

i havent read the exact page on the site, but in australia we dont have ANY audio protected CDS so FP (FutureProof) was unable to test that, However, Software Protections are no problem at all.

P.S FP did not state at any time that Audio could be beaten, i think someone may of taken it out of context.

P.P.S Asus DO have a very good read ability.

Originally posted by Huzzy
P.P.S Asus DO have a very good read ability.

I know…I have an old (+/- 2 years)48X Asus cdrom…rips key2audio3 without probs…too bad it can’t rip Cactus D.S. 200…