History: Iâ€™ve been able to burn DVDs for years with same set up until now.
Set Up: I have NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A , DVDÂ±R/RW Recorder, Firmware Version updated
- I have to use -R or -RW in order to play on tv dvd player
- I have successfully used Shrink, Nero, Decrypter, IMGburn, Fixit4Me, FixVTS
- I have previously been successful with Fujiflim, TDK, Maxell
Problem: Burner orange [activity] lite on and rhythmic clicking:
- All of a sudden, all of the time now:
- when I insert a blank -R or a -RW disc, to Burn, I get
- Green lite then changes to Orange and stays on maybe 1 minute or so.
- Also thereâ€™s an faint audible cliking sound about every 2 seconds from the burner, also until lite goes back to Green.
- Open any Burn program and get â€ Device not Ready. Medium not Present.
- Check Disc Info says â€œNo disc inserted or drive not ready. Please try again.â€
I see in prior Postings that others have 3 clicks but burns ok. My clicking stays on longer and canâ€™t burn.
- I Uninstalled Burner, Removed USB cable, unplugged
- Did System Restore to date before problem - [ 1st time, apprehensive about might have lost. As I see things noted , can I safely Delete originals?]
- hooked up again and Re-installed Burner
- re-installed Firmware update.
- Still have same problem.
- I put a Movie in Burner
- Green to O to G lite
- I â€œExploreâ€ burner Drive, got Audio_TS and Video_TS folders, cliked on a VTS to play movie.
- and then got message â€œNo disc in G.â€ [burner drive]
- Re-inserted movie, and again cliked on a VTS to play movie. .
- Burner lites flashing rapidly both at same time G,O,G,O but movie played ok with WinDVD.
But when I go back to inserting blanks, I get the same problem.
I donâ€™t know what else to post for now.