Burner only burns Rewritable,not writable?

Please can someone help ?,all of a sudden my BTC burner will not burn writable dvd discs when burning any dvd files,however, it will burn rewritable discs as normal,when I try to copy to writable discs I get the message that the disc does not have enough space for burning and rejects the disc,I thought it might be the burner that is at fault so I deleted my dvd ROM from my system and then when I rebooted again the drive of course reinstalled itself,the fact that the burner writes rewritables tells me that its not the burner that is at fault, it does the same with 3 different burner software,like copytodvd,the apollo dvd copier which has an inbuilt burner and also I tried to use 1click dvd copy,very strange it is,it burns only rewritable discs as normal without any problems.not writable,I have tried sony discs,benq,imitation,same problem,it will not write to writables,my burner software is up to date too and I reinstalled the above mentioned copying software also,I checked for a possible virus,trojans and adwares too, thanks for reading this

Take a breath between Sentences … and tunctuation helps too.

So let me get this right.

BTC burner burns DVD+/-RW media fine.
BTC burner doesn’t burn DVD+/-R media … and rejects it as insufficient capacity for the project.

You are: Extracting files from a DVD movie & burning them onto a DVD-/+R.

Be aware that most commercial DVD’s are between 5 & 9 GB. Writable DVD’s have a capacity of just less than 4.5GB (or 8.5GB for an expesnive Dual Layer DVDR). You must re-compress the DVD with a program (1 click DVD copy should do this automatically).

Try downloading DVDshrink & use it. It will compress the Movie into an ISO file for you.
Also download DVDDecryptor, and it will burn the ISO file onto a DVDR dor you.

Some commercial DVD’s are already heavily compressed or very full, and cannot be compressed below the capacity of a Writable DVD.
The suspicious part is that a re-writable seems to work.