Burner no longer sees DL Discs

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]After I got this drive it did see Dual Layer blank discs. Now it doesn’t. It will see a single (4.7GB) disc but when inserting a DL disc it, doesn’t show. I can burn a single disc with no problem.

When I put a DL disc in, the drive acts like it’s reading the disc. Light will stay solid on for awhile then blinks and goes silent.

I’ve tried Nero’s InfoTool and VSO Inspector and both say the same thing, no (blank) disc in drive even though there is one in there. I put in a commercial DVD and they did show that.

Blank media tried: Single - Sony+R (no problem with that), DL both Memorex and Verbatim (+R).

Win XP-Pro
Nero 7 Ultra
1GB RAM
40GB system partition w/ 70% free space

Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1P

From Lite-On’s website:

High-speed 20X recording speed for DVD+R & DVD-R media with good disc quality.

Support 8X DVD+R DL & 8X DVD-R DL recording function.

SMART-BURN avoiding Buffer UnderRun Error, Automatically adjusting writing strategy & running OPC to provide the best burning quality.

SMART-X function adjusts CD-DA / VCD / DVD data extraction to a fastest allowable speed according to both data request rate from host and disk quality.

SMART-WRITE : Through drive’s self-learning function, automatically detect and decide the optimal write strategy of DVD recordable media (DVD+R & DVD-R) for the best quality.

DVD read compliant: DVD single/dual layer (PTP/OTP), DVD-R(3.9GB/4.7GB), DVD-R multi-borders, DVD-RAM,DVD+R, DVD+R multi-sessions, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW.

CD read compliant: CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM/XA, Photo-CD, Multi-session, Karaoke-CD,Video-CD, CD-I FMV, CD Extra, CD Plus, CD-R, and CD-RW.

Conform to Orange Book : Part 2 CD-R Volume 1, Part 2 CD-R Volume 2 Multi Speed, Part 3 CD-RW Volume 1 ( 1x, 2x, and 4x ), Part 3 CD-RW Volume 2 : High Speed, Part 3 CD-RW Volume 3 : Ultra Speed.

Support Fixed packet, Variable packet, Disc-at-once, Session-at-once and Track-at-once

TIA. :slight_smile:

Are you running the latest firmware for the drive? If so then you may try uninstalling the drivers for the drive and then restart Windows and allow it to reinstall, maybe it will help.

[QUOTE=ferguj1;2235577]Are you running the latest firmware for the drive? If so then you may try uninstalling the drivers for the drive and then restart Windows and allow it to reinstall, maybe it will help.[/QUOTE]
When the problem 1st showed I updated the firmware. I also uninstalled the burner (through device manager) and rebooted.

Forgot to include that info with my 1st post.