Burner Issues!

I have an HP 2.5P4 and the Burner that came with suddenly stopped responding like it did before, but kept reading, so I bought another burner thinking the burning part gave up. Well the Sony one I bought doesn’t do any better. Thus I think it has to have something to do with my computer, but I don’t have a clue. Usually when a piece of hardware isn’t recognized, grab the latest drivers, but they say this Sony doesn’t need it. Like I said, the burning is the only thing that doesn’t seem to function. Roxio doesnt see a burner, Nero writes something and then errors out prior to finishing, Sonic locks up and DVD X Copy reads the movie, but then doesn’t see the media. Believe me, I have several brands of media…tried that…Thanks for any help you provide or if you can send me to the right place…Tony lokotony@yahoo.com :confused:

…Like I said, the burning is the only thing that doesn’t seem to function. Roxio doesnt see a burner, Nero writes something and then errors out prior to finishing, Sonic locks up and DVD X Copy reads the movie, but then doesn’t see the media. Believe me, I have several brands of media…tried that…
First of all you should clean up in your arsenal of burning apps. Nero and Roxio never liked to be installed on same compu.

Also remove or disable any pocket writing software like InCD, DLA aso.

Use CD-DVD Speed to identify your burner model/firmware/configuration and much more. DVD Identifier is used to provide detailed information about media (DVD’s) you are using.

Repport back about your setup, burner and types of media you use. :slight_smile:

I have had roxio and nero on the same computer since they came of floppy disk and outside of problems with roxio directcd/dragtodisk and nero incd should never be installed at the same time I have not had problems with both on one computer.

I’ll second what Samlar says about Roxio & Nero. Used them both for years without a problem.

What version of Roxio have you got as it’s quite likely that the Sony is too new for that version? Nero seems much better in that respect.

Get some free stuff like DVD Decrypter or Imgburn & see what these will do with a DVD image. Most of your apps will produce images for subsequent burning.

Things to check.

1. DMA is set on & should be UDMA Mode 2 at least, as this a common problem. Here’s a link to help you check this.

2. Auto Insert Notification is set. DVD Decrypter/Imgburn can check/set this for you. Tools/Settings/Device.

3. The media. With Nero’s CD-DVD Speed get the Media ID (under disc info) as this might help us.

Got tired fingers now so that’ll do for now.

Got to vote on this one to. Roxio 7.0 and Nero 6 play well togrther. All packet writing software was removed. Usless PITA :iagree:

Do what Tim said, Drives just don’t dissapear for no reason unless dead.