Burner deal?

Hello, all!

What would be the best burner available for under or around $30? I would like it to be rather quiet and fast. Preferably available through newegg.

Thanks a ton! :iagree:

@Satsuki
The NEC AD-7240S or AD-7241S (LightScribe). I have plenty of the: AD-7200A and AD-7200S (No longer Made). My next ones will be: AD-7240S or AD-7241S.

Burn On,
                        Russell

I hear the AD-7240S is loud as hell. That’s a no go.

Is Plextor any good?

Any of these look good?

Loud as hell?

No it’s not. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Satsuki;2284471]I hear the AD-7240S is loud as hell. That’s a no go.

Is Plextor any good?

Any of these look good?

[QUOTE=Satsuki;2284471]I hear the AD-7240S is loud as hell. That’s a no go.

Is Plextor any good?

Any of these look good?

Actually they are pretty quiet.
budzos

[QUOTE=Satsuki;2284471]
Is Plextor any good?[/quote]They were famous, but now they sell recycled Liteon drives, which you can get cheaper.

Michael

[QUOTE=Satsuki;2284467]Hello, all!

What would be the best burner available for under or around $30? I would like it to be rather quiet and fast. Preferably available through newegg.

Thanks a ton! :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I would go with a Samsung SH-S223F:cool: or Q(lightscribe), because it is a compitent drive, writes and reads fast, and best of all, has fantastic support from codeking’s patcher for firmware, which also supports lite-on, ben q, and some sony drive’s. SEE POST: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/patch-utility-samsung-mtk-based-dvd-writers-v3-4-8-new-242508/#post2032188, the patching utility is very good and is time tested and has a huge thread about it from those who have used it and have many great:bow: (THANK YOU Code King) things to say about it. I would definately take the utility into account when deciding which $30 drive to get, and yes they are available from Newegg.com :bigsmile: