Burner Compatibility

Help!!! I want to upgrade my Toshiba Satellite A40 to a DVD burner, I have tried the NEC 6650 and found it’s incompatible. There must be one out there that is, can anyone advise?

TheKrel

Why should it be “incompatible”?
Just the flashed firmware on the drive matters.

I don’t know why it’s incompatible; the place I bought the NEC 6650 gave me a refund no problem, they were aware of a Toshiba compatibility problem. I have since tried a new Sony drive with the same result…there’s no way to change the firmware as the machine does not even recognize the drive.

TheKrel, welcome to cdfreaks. Crossposting (posting the same thing more than once) is not allowed on this forum. Multiple posts just create more work for our members who may provide the same answer that has already been made in the other thread. Also by keeping it in one thread the question and all possible solutions are keep together. :wink: Your other post has been deleted. Please read out rules before posting further.

@ TheKrel This is just a wild guess but shouldn’t there be a list or some information on the Toshiba Web site or on the Toshiba Forum ???