Burner asking for blank disc

vbimport

I have a HP with a one disc drive, it continues to ask for a blank DVD, I was able to use three DVD’s out of the package a couple of days ago, now none of them will work. They are Sony DVD-R disc, I have had this problem before, but normally I just put the same disc back in and it works the second time, I’m not so lucky now. Please keep in mind, I am not a computer pro, so I may not understand all that you suggest.
Thanks

[QUOTE=ppamnbob2;2456777]I have a HP with a one disc drive, it continues to ask for a blank DVD, I was able to use three DVD’s out of the package a couple of days ago, now none of them will work. They are Sony DVD-R disc, I have had this problem before, but normally I just put the same disc back in and it works the second time, I’m not so lucky now. Please keep in mind, I am not a computer pro, so I may not understand all that you suggest.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your posting in the wrong forum this has nothing related to clonedvd or its’ function. We need more specs as what type of HP you have and what kinda dvd are you using that is causing the problem. From what it sounds like your having hardware problem not software but since there isn’t any spec to go off it’s hard to know what is going on.

[QUOTE=ppamnbob2;2456777]I have a HP with a one disc drive, [B]it continues to ask for a blank DVD,[/B] I was able to use three DVD’s out of the package a couple of days ago, now none of them will work. They are Sony DVD-R disc, I have had this problem before, but normally I just put the same disc back in and it works the second time, I’m not so lucky now. Please keep in mind, I am not a computer pro, so I may not understand all that you suggest.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
When you say " [B]it continues to ask for a blank DVD," [/B]Do you mean CloneDVD2, or do you get another message from your computer. Are you using CloneDVD2? And Welcome to MyCE/CDFreaks.com Forums.

ppamnbob2 was talking about cloneDVD. I have been using it for a couple years and I have had this problem on many occasions. Usually you just open and close the disc tray and it will work. However today I had the problem of trying 8 different discs in my drive and nothing. Not a darn thing. Keeps saying for me to insert a blank disc. Just bought this 50 pack of TDK DVD-Rs and for some reason they will not work.

Any ideas anyone? I am a computer professional and I was uinable to find any reason for this to happen. 8 different discs from a spindle can’t all be bad. Is there a certain type of disc that will not work? I have used DVD-Rs and +Rs and never had issues. What’s wrong with CloneDVD?

[QUOTE=cheshireccat;2467155]ppamnbob2 was talking about cloneDVD. I have been using it for a couple years and I have had this problem on many occasions. Usually you just open and close the disc tray and it will work. However today I had the problem of trying 8 different discs in my drive and nothing. Not a darn thing. Keeps saying for me to insert a blank disc. Just bought this 50 pack of TDK DVD-Rs and for some reason they will not work.

Any ideas anyone? I am a computer professional and I was uinable to find any reason for this to happen. 8 different discs from a spindle can’t all be bad. Is there a certain type of disc that will not work? I have used DVD-Rs and +Rs and never had issues. What’s wrong with CloneDVD?[/QUOTE]

Actually until they state the software name and version his statement doesn’t mention CloneDVD. You may have CloneDVD but without anymore spec or info from the OP there not much to go on. As with any media just cause it says TDK doesn’t mean they have one source for making them it could be many sources that they source to make their media and rebage them as TDK. Also not knowing that version of CloneDVD and burner drive model and F/W you have won’t be of help to us.

Yeah without any detailed information it’s difficult to confirm what’s wrong but given the symptoms there’s a strong possibility your firmware isn’t up to date.

The drive manufacturers update their write strategy lists (which are built into the firmware) every so often, to support newer discs.

[B]Wombler[/B]