Burned Video Is Dark

First, let me apologize if there is a posted solution to this problem (I’m willing to bet its pretty simple), though I’ve searched the help desk, and even went through 50+ pages of this postings without success…

I have some episodes of a tv series that I wish to burn to DVD…the episodes play beautifully on my monitor using GOM, VLC and WMP, but when I burn them to DVD (I’ve used both Ashampoo and Nero as a test) they come out very dark…I also tried using ConvertXtoDVD at someones suggestion, but it also came out dark…

I thought initially that it might be the burning software, so that is why I tried another…no change…I then thought maybe it was a video codex issue, but since there is no issue with any of the three players I have tried, I figure it can be that…

Any thoughts, hints, guides would be greatly appreciated, and I thank all that read, and let alone contribute to my resolving this issue…

I should say that I’ve encountered this issue before, and I usually just forget about it, and move on…but I’d really like to figure out what the issue is…

Thanks again…