Burned Movies No Longer work in DVD Player

Ok, I have a Toshiba DVD Player as well as an xbox and other consoles capable of playing DVD. I have for quite some time used ANYDVD+CloneDVD (both the latest versions) to copy DVD’s for my kid who literally destroys discs in no time flat. Recently I’ve had an issue where the discs no longer play on any of the players. Its the same stack of the same media I’ve always used and I even tried another (memorex and verbatim)

The recorder is a Lite-On iHAP 322 8 and is pretty new, the firmware on the drive is even newer than the one posted on the liteonit.com website.

I cant for the life of me figure out why the discs would all of the sudden stop working. I can pop them in a pc and play them with vlc media player just fine and the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders are present.

I have attempted to Bit Set to DVD-ROM but this also has not seemed to help (I think I did it right, used a Program Called DVD Bit Set.

Any other ideas on why these discs no longer work? If this is the wrong area to post please move to a more appropriate section.

Thanks!

Oh, media is DVD+R

Thread moved to anydvd forum.

If you can play on your computer than disc and program are fine and did there job. However this could result of poor burn or it could be your standalone is dying. Remember all drive dye over time.

May they rest in peace :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=012;2285317]If you can play on your computer than disc and program are fine and did there job. However this could result of poor burn or it could be your standalone is dying. Remember all drive dye over time.[/QUOTE]

I could see that being a viable answer, however as stated in OP they do not work on ANY standalone player, my modded xbox, my dvd player, my kids et al.

I have even tried 2 types of media (both +R, which has in the past worked on all players)

Is there something I can check on the copied discs to ensure they meet DVD spec?

bump. Anyone? I know you guys are the masters of optical media.

It’s quite a read but it’s worth it :slight_smile: But it’s just a part of the answer you’re looking for. The secret is : More reading and collecting, then a good idea you’ll have… :iagree:

Enjoy.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/help-looking-model-shortens-segements-editing-275963/#post2286160