Burned DVDs won't play in a standalone player

I’m having a problem burning DVDs on my new computer. The discs won’t play in any standalone player, but they will play in other computers.

I’ve tried using several different kinds of media (TDK DVD-R, Maxell DVD+R, Verbatim DVD+R). I know the media is compatible, because I’m able to create DVDs from AVI files using Windows DVD maker, and those play fine. But any time I try to burn a DVD from DVD files or ISO files, I get the same error from any standalone player: disc error, this disc may not have a playback feature.

I’ve tried using both Roxio and CloneDVD and get the same result. It also happens whether I copy directly from the original DVD or rip it to my hard drive using AnyDVD first. Roxio shows that the discs are finalized, so that’s not the issue.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

How many stand alone DVD Players have you tried these discs in? Some players can be fussy. I have encountered some issues with 321 Studios (DVD X-Copy Platinum) created discs in my Sony DVD player and they will work fine in my Panasonic player. I have used DVD Fab Platinum for years since 321 Studios (DVD X-Copy) closed. I haven’t encountered any problems with any of my DVD Players (and I even have a combo (DVD/VHS) player. These players can be very picky about media. I haven’t been impressed with Roxio (now Sonic) for any DVD Creation EVER!

[QUOTE=mascan42;1938778]I’m having a problem burning DVDs on my new computer. The discs won’t play in any standalone player, but they will play in other computers.

I’ve tried using several different kinds of media (TDK DVD-R, Maxell DVD+R, Verbatim DVD+R). I know the media is compatible, because I’m able to create DVDs from AVI files using Windows DVD maker, and those play fine. But any time I try to burn a DVD from DVD files or ISO files, I get the same error from any standalone player: disc error, this disc may not have a playback feature.

I’ve tried using both Roxio and CloneDVD and get the same result. It also happens whether I copy directly from the original DVD or rip it to my hard drive using AnyDVD first. Roxio shows that the discs are finalized, so that’s not the issue.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?[/QUOTE]

So what kinda burner model and firmware do you have? And do you have Roxio installed? If so I recommend uninstall Roxio it has been known to cause problem with Anydvd. And have you tried to see if your burner booktype to -ROM ?? Also what version of Anydvd and CloneDVD are you using? What kinda new computer do you have and what O/S are you using? Your giving us some but not enough information to identify what might be causing the problem.