Burned DVDs unreadable on other drives

First, I apologize if this question has been asked before. I did some searches though, and didn’t find any info.

My problem is that DVDs that I burn on my SH-S182 (M I think) are not readable on other DVD drives. This includes the LG DVD drive in the same PC as well as other DVD drives in my other PC at home and the one at work. The Samsung though can read the DVDs that it burns so there is some compatibility issue somewhere that I don’t understand.

For fun, I also made a copy of a movie using the Samsung and my DVD movie player could read it. I’ve tried DL DVDs and regular DVDs and have problems with both. If anyone has any ideas or could point me to a similar thread, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Computer details:

• Using latest Samsung driver
  • Using latest trial version of Nero (was using v6 before but that had same problem)
  • Using Windows XP

Tara

Welcome, Tara :slight_smile:

Could it be that your Samsung has the infamous lead-in problem? What firmware are you using (Nero InfoTool will tell you this)?

Are you using -R or +R discs?

If it does turn out to be the lead-in problem, I believe there’s a firmware which might fix it (will void your warranty though).

Edit: have a careful read of this thread and see if your symptoms match :wink:

Thanks so much for the welcome and info! I’ll look into this and check what DVDs I’ve been using.

Tara