Burned DVDs stopped working all of a sudden

I have been burning R+ DVD’s for some time now after using the BookType Utility to change to the DVD-ROM book type. All of the sudden, the DVD’s I burn won’t play on my DVD player any longer. I haven’t changed anything that I am aware of on my computer. Also, the DVD’s still work on players that work with R+ DVDs. I have a Lite-On 1633 with the 1653 firmware. I have reflashed the drive with CS0T - patched - crossflashing - fast burn FBD/FBDX and reapplyed the BookType adjustment and still no luck.

One interested in issue to me is my burner stopped being able to write R- DVD’s at all some time back. You guys helped me start using the with the BookType Utility so it wasn’t an issue until now.

If I need to provide additional information, please just let me know. As always, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

my guess is that your 1633S is slowly dying like mine and quite a few of them out there, there just seems to be problem with those burners.

Thanks for the reply Macclipper. It sounds like I may need to just replace it. Do you have a burner you would recommend.

I agree with Macclipper…went to LG 4166B wicth I’m not very,very,pleased with

I’m more than happy with my LiteOn 160P6S. :iagree: Another good LiteOn is the 165P6S. The BenQ DW1650 and Pioneer DVD-111D are also top notch burners.

won’t mention it too loud in here but take a look at the burner listed rightmost in my sig… lol