Burned DVDs only readable in BTC-Drive

Hi there,

first of all: Sorry for my english, school´s out years ago :wink:

Problem as follows: Burned DVDs (Data-DVDs) are only readable in the BTC-Drive. The parallel installed LiteOn-Drive doesn´t recognize the inserted Disc an brings the Message “No Media inserted” (or something like that).

I´ve tried several Discs from Intenso, Sky and Memorex. It doesn´t make a difference, if I burn them with Nero 5.5, Nero 6 or under Linux using k3b. The problem is still the same.

The DVDs aren´t usable or readable on other PCs using drives from Toshiba, Pioneer or others, too.

I didn´t made a Firmware-Upgrade yet, but I expect no changes from that.

Can anybody help???

Thanks,
Michael

A firmware upgrade was miraculous in my case.

Upgrade the firmware. simliar thing happened to me with the supplied media which came with the drive.

Hi,

thanks for your answers. So I will update the Firmware this afternoon and see, if it works.

I´ll post the result anyway :wink:

See ya
Michael

Hi,

Firmware-Update was successful! Burned DVDs are now readable in my parallel installed DVD-Drive.

Burned Linux-DVDs are bootable and are working fine.

Thanks a lot!

Greetz
Michael

Another success-story.

What firmware did you upgrade to?

Cheers,
Peter

Hi,

Drive is now running with Firmware 0045.

Greets
Michael

You do realize that firmware 0045 is no longer available on the BTC website? It has been replaced with 0043 which is probably the recommended version at the moment.

Hi,

I updated a Thursday, Version 0045 was available at this moment. Are there any problems by using 0045? Is 0043 better and why?

Should I downgrade?

Greets
Michael

Hi Guys,

End of this week a new firmware update will be available.

V0045 was retracted due to some problems updating with certain drives (certain Flash ROM chips)

Until the new firmware is available, I recommend you install V0043, unless you already have V0045 installed (in case you don’t need to downgrade !).

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

Marco
BTC Europe Support

Until now there has been no official statement from Marco or BTC as to why firmware 0045 has been replaced by 0043. However it is my experience that firmware 0045 is quite buggy. The main issue seems to be bad readability in other equipment. Besides I can’t burn 2 medias in a row without producing a coaster the second time. I have to restart Windows between burning. I do not say this is a problem for everyone but AFAIK I’m not the only one having problems with 0045.

If firmware 0045 is working for you I guess there is no reason to downgrade. However you need to verify the media in the BTC drive and another DVD-ROM drive - if this fails, I would definately downgrade to 0043.

Cheers,
Peter