Burned DVDs freezing when played - help!

vbimport

I’ve tried DVDShrink first with Nero and then CopyToDvd to copy two different DVDs (Shipping News and Crash) but both times the films froze after 10 or 15 minutes.

I’m a complete newbie and haven’t a clue how to fix this - have searched the boards but I’m none the wiser.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Helllllllllllllllllllp!

What burner do you have and what media do you use?

you need ripitforme, DVD descriptor, vtsfix, DVD shrink, Nero 7 and they do Le trick

Good questions. This could be a media problem. :slight_smile:

We, too have the same issues. We use the one advertised on this site, 1Click DVD burner/copier. It seems the backup copies we make skip, freeze, jump when played back in any DVD player except LiteOn. We’re hoping not to have to buy another DVD or move the LiteOn to the media room from the office, but we’re at a loss as to why this happens. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

hello im having the same problem im thinking it has to deal with the new update what im trying is to disable screen saver and do not use the pc when using dvd fab and dvd shrink both are great programs ill let you know how it goes

OK I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THIS IS WHAT I DID TO FIX IT CLICK ON START GO TO RUN TYPE IN MSCONFIG A NEW WINDOW WILL POP UP CLICK ON START UP NEW WINDOW WILL POP UP CLICK ON DISABLE ALL CLICK ON APPLY RESTART PC WINDOW WILL POP UP AT START UP CHECK DO NOT SHOW ME THIS AGAIN CLOSE WINDOW NOW GO TO DISPLAY IN CONTROL PANIEL AND GO TO SCREEN SAVER CLICK ON NONE THEN DROP DOWN TO POWER PUT ALL TO NEVER CLICK ON APPLY DO NOT USE PC WHEN IN COPY NODE THIS WILL MAKE A MESS OUT OF YOUR COPY I USE DVD FAD PLATINUM AND DVD SHRINK TO BURN THE DISK INJOY

I don’t think that is a good advice. The problem could be related to media, burner, firmware, etc. In your case, likely it was related to little memory.

Yes Maybe So 516 Meg With 1.1 Gig Amd Using Lite On Dvd Burner And Sony Dvd+r Disc Dvd Fab And Dvd Shrink And An 80 Gig Hard Drive. I Hope You Do Not Beleave That People Can Just Go Out And Buy The Latest And Greatest Pc I Sure Can’t With Limted Resorces Both In Pc And Wallet If Timed When A Burned Dvd Is Played And It Will Come Out To The Time That The Screen Saver Turns On And Dvd Fab Stops For A Moment But The Dvd In The Drive Is Still Turning And Sending Info To Dvd Fab That Has Stoped This Leaves An Open Spot On The Disk Which Makes It Unplayable This Works For Me And I Am Sure It Will Work For Other People (all You Are Doing Is Turning Off Programs That Are Running In The Background And Taking Resorces That Maybe Needed For Dvd Fab)

sorry zantor one but i dont think thats the answer.sink or swim turn screensavers off heres how.go to desktop right click go to properties you will be able to turn your screensavers off there. can you tell us the size of your ram memory as that may be to small .also when burning or ripping the computer will use a huge amount of space and slow down older computers so close down all programes but antivirus and firewall may help good luck

sorry zantor read your first post not your last as you see i agree with your last post but not your first also i think you might want to lower your burn speed to x8 when burning with nero :doh:

bedankt

Most of the time when burned DVD’s skip or freeze it’s caused by lower quailty media, you might try TY’s or Verb’s if you aren’t using them already. If the media is rated at 8X or whatever speed it should burn a quality burn at the rated speed