Burned DVD only plays on PC not DVD Player

vbimport

I have several downloaded (BitTorrent 6.3)DVD movies/music concert torrent files (ISO & VOBs) that I burned using either Nero or DVDshrink. They only will play on a PC. I get the following message when I attempt to play in my DVD player: Cannot Play…Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations. Is there anything I can do to get these dvds to play on a DVD player? Is there something I am not requesting or doing when searching/downloading the torrent file? My DVD player is a SONY HDMI NS601HP

Thank you
David

That’s kind of funny because most ripped movies are region free. You could buy the DVDs for your region, or buy an all region DVD player.

[QUOTE=salmalover;2467909]My DVD player is a SONY HDMI NS601HP[/QUOTE]
This is your problem. Sony are known for being a royal pain in the proverbials when it comes to supporting region-free playback.

You could try running your DVDs through DVD Shrink and setting the region code to whatever region your are in (presumably 1-US or 2-UK/Europe+) rather than region free, and then burning again.

Personally, I made a vow years ago never to buy any Sony hardware again; it only encourages them! :wink:

Slainte

midders

[QUOTE=midders;2467955]Personally, I made a vow years ago never to buy any Sony hardware again; it only encourages them! ;)[/QUOTE]
i agree :slight_smile: