Burned DVD is lagging

Hallo everyone!

I’m new here, and I have this question. I hope you can answer. :slight_smile:

Okay, I have this problem. When I choose to make my own DVD video (Nero Vision), importing the videofiles to Nero (Wich in this case are .avi files) and then burning it to a DVD, the burned DVD lags.

What could be the problem here? It’s worst when the image is moving. It’s very annoying. Is it an known problem? Or is it just my computer that screws the DVD up?
Do you think it maybe would help to choose Proggressive scanning or Interlaced scanning? What is the best?

I’m burning with the lowest possible speed (4x) on DVD+R discs.

Is there any cure on this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Xstrem

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Your problems can be basically three:

1. you are using low quality discs
  2. you are burning discs at the wrong speed (for example burning a 16x media @4x is not a good idea, because very often give only bad results)
  3. Both the above, aka a low quality media burned at the wrong speed.

What discs are you using? What burner do you have? What firmware is currently installed on the drive?

Thank you very much geno 888 :slight_smile:

I’m using Verbatim 16x DVD+R. I’m burning them with the lowest possible speed, and that’s 4x. Otherwise my DVD player can’t read the disc.

I can’t remember what brand my DVD burner is. I’ve tried to find it with Everest, and it says: “Producent: NP5428Q” Model: “TLV216Y”. Firmware Version: “A188”.

That dosn’t make sense. Maybe it does to you?

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

To see what is your burner, you can use cd-dvd speed. I never heard about a “NP5428Q” burner.

I suggest to burn these discs at a higher speed, like 12x if your drive supports this speed.

Okay, I’ve now tried cd-dvd speed. It says my drive is a “DVDRW IDE 16X A188”. It dosn’t say anymore than that. No brand… That’s really wierd…

My DVD player can’t read DVD+R dvd’s burned with over 4x. :frowning:

Do you think it would work to burn it with a faster speed?

I found the cure! :smiley:

Okay. The thing that screwed it up was VSfilter subpicture pre-buffering was ON! That was the first reason for the lagg.

The second reason is that I have to burn with 8x when I burn High quality DVDs, and 4x when I burn DVD’s with a lower bitrate (3.500kbit/s> ) …

Thank you very much anyways for your help! :wink: