Burned DVD Fails in DVD Player

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-700A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]When I create and burn a DVD movie in Nero 8 (or Nero 5) it will play on any computer but not in a stand-alone DVD player.

This problem started after I did a clean build of my computer. Prior to that Nero 8 burns were fine and I had made dozens of DVDs.

What may be missing?

I am running Windows XP on a DELL Dimension (2.0 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM) with a Sony DRX 700UL burner (with all new flash updates).

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

MartinL

Hi MartinL and welcome:

Please post a burning log from Nero as this will provide needed information.

Thank you.

I have uploaded the log.

MartinL

Actually this log is from a burn on a Memorex, but the results are the same as on the Sony.

The previous upload appears to have failed.

Here is the log in two parts

MartinL

NeroBurn(2).txt (68.9 KB)

NeroBurn(1).txt (85.5 KB)

I looked at the logs and this is where problems seem to first occur.

[13:58:35] DVDEngine ******BEGIN: VTSTT_VOBS#1 - Verify
[13:58:35] DVDEngine ========================================================================================
[13:58:35] DVDEngine WARNING: DVDENGINE VOBS VERIFY ERROR 0001
[13:58:35] DVDEngine VOBU at RLBN 4825 (VOB_IDN=1, C_IDN=1, VOBU_S_PTM=1949686, VOBU_E_PTM=1949686)
[13:58:35] DVDEngine [B]Presentation time of VOBU is 0 ticks (0.0000 s)[/B], but must be at least 36036 ticks
[13:58:35] DVDEngine (0.4004 s).
[13:58:35] DVDEngine ========================================================================================
[13:58:35] DVDEngine ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[13:58:35] DVDEngine INFORMATION: DVDENGINE VOBS VERIFY ERROR 0001 will no longer be reported.
[13:58:35] DVDEngine ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[13:58:35] DVDEngine WARNING: DVDENGINE VOBS VERIFY ERROR 0013
[13:58:35] DVDEngine VOBU at RLBN 4825 (VOB_IDN=1, C_IDN=1, VOBU_S_PTM=1949686, VOBU_SE_E_PTM=1940677)
[13:58:35] DVDEngine End PTM of sequence end is less than Start PTM.
[13:58:35] DVDEngine INFORMATION: DVDENGINE VOBS VERIFY ERROR 0013 will no longer be reported.

Is there anyway to manually set the 'Presentation time of VOBU ’ ?

MartinL

Thanks for your help.

It seems I was short-sighted in my search for solutions. I took my DVDs to a friend and they worked just fine on both his players (different brands).

So I guess my player has developed a glitch. But what a great justification for getting a BlueRay with all the bells and whistles

Thanks again,
Martin

Nero (recode) does not produce proper VideoDVDs.

I have seen that comment in other places, but I had not experienced any problems.

I’m using Nero 4.7 (something) and the DVDs work just fine on my new DVD player (SONY Blue Ray) and on other players.

I’m not a videophile, so maybe the end result isn’t as good as it could be, but I probably wouldn’t notice the difference.

Thanks for you help.

MartinL