Burned data disk plays on pc but ot dvd player!

vbimport

I burn my photos as a data disk so that my mum can view them on her dvd player. I’ve done this a million times successfully with Sonic (basic but enough for my needs). Now when I burn a disc, they don’t show up on mine or any other dvd player. The disk has been burned as the photos show on the pc. I haven’t changed anything about how the disc is burned so why is this happening? I’ve tried different disks and different software but the problem remains. Any advice would be really welcome!

[QUOTE=hippobird;2110495]I burn my photos as a data disk so that my mum can view them on her dvd player. I’ve done this a million times successfully with Sonic (basic but enough for my needs). Now when I burn a disc, they don’t show up on mine or any other dvd player. The disk has been burned as the photos show on the pc. I haven’t changed anything about how the disc is burned so why is this happening? I’ve tried different disks and different software but the problem remains. Any advice would be really welcome![/QUOTE]

What kinda software are you using and media type? Did you finalize the dvd? What kinda burner do you have? The info provided doesn’t give enough specs to be of much help without more info.

Sorry… I’m using Sonic MyDVD and have also tried Roxio EMC9. I’m not at home just now so can’t give you specs of my dvd burner. I’ve never finalised the disc as I add more photos to it. This has worked for me (using Sonic Mydvd) for the past 3 years and I have changed absolutely no options in the software. As I said before, I’ve tried different discs but to no avail. It’s a bit of a mystery.

Maybe one the files has a really long name or some characters that could be confusing, for a lack of better terms, the dvd player.

hippobird - Hi and welcome:

I’ve never finalised the disc as I add more photos to it.

Unless I am missing something, if your disc is not finalized, it will not be read by a DVD player.

but I’ve viewed loads of photo dvds (as data disks) in 3 different dvd players in the past without any problems and they’ve never been finalised. This is just a problem that’s started recently and I’m not doing anything differently that’s why it’s a mystery…

try finalizing one. That should solve the problem.

I’ve tried finalising one but the problem is still the same!