Burned/copy dvd's play but not reg/store/rented dvd's?

i have a samsun dvd/vhs combo…today i noticed i can play my burned/copied dvd’s but when i try to play an “official” store bought or rented dvd i get an error message usually “no dvd in tray” or “cannot read” …very odd; you’d think it’d be the other way around… samsung customer service just said ship it back and pay us 50 bucks…it’s not even a year old…i suspect it’s something simple…any suggestions?

[QUOTE=moonmullins;2064836]i have a samsun dvd/vhs combo…today i noticed i can play my burned/copied dvd’s but when i try to play an “official” store bought or rented dvd i get an error message usually “no dvd in tray” or “cannot read” …very odd; you’d think it’d be the other way around… samsung customer service just said ship it back and pay us 50 bucks…it’s not even a year old…i suspect it’s something simple…any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

What is the condition of the rented media? Is the store bought brand new media? What model of samsun do you have? What was their reason for sending it back? Is it worth sending 50 bucks or using it to buy different model other then samsun?? Sometime the price sending it back should be compared to getting a new unit not samsun…??

did you try cleaning the disc with warm water and soap?