Burned CDs won't play

vbimport

I don’t understand why, either
I checked to make sure the files on the CD were in the right format (they are) & I selected to make an Audio CD so it should work, correct?

It’s not just 1 CD either, I’ve made 32 of them and not one of them are working.
I tried them on my Portable CD player, Stereo, and my Mom’s car, none of which work

The brand I’m using is : Memorex 80min/700mb CD-R

Memorex is a very poor media as well as for burns. Also since you provide very little information and what software you used and just making general request for help but providing no specs makes it hard to know what happened or is going on. So go back and check on the software and hardware and tell us what your using so we can figure what is going on???

Sorry, I knew I was forgetting something.

I’ve tried using Windows Media Player & I’ve also tried iTunes (using both formats Mp3 CD & Audio CD)

None of them have worked
I’m thinking the CDs just suck.

Neither WMP nor iCrap are good for CD burning, IMO.

Next question:

what CD writer are you using, and what write speed was chosen.
Additional question: are these discs recognised as Audio CD on a computer and are you able to play them there.

Welcome @myce btw. :slight_smile:

Michael

What would you suggest I use to burn, instead, then?

CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW is what my properties say (unless this isn’t what you were looking for, then if you could help instruct me how to find out what you wanted, that’d be great. I’m using Windows XP)

On the Computer, yes, they are Audio CDs & I can play them fine without doing anything on my part

Thanks! :slight_smile:

That’s a rather old drive, you think!..Firmware upgrade, might help…
Try the simple burrrn app… My guess is a drive/media issue, and not so much the tool/app used…I don’t use iTunes to rip or for burning, and definitely not WMP (yikes) for anything… But that’s just me!!..To each their own!..
Maybe it’s time for a new drive…
Jm2cents…

How do I upgrade my drive?

Google is your friend, my friend…But frankly, I would at least consider a new drive…Good luck!
http://www.google.com/search?q=CyberDrv+CW088D+CD-R%2FRW&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I can’t seem to find a download that actually works or a site that looks trustworthy

One of the sites I went to even said something along the lines of "This Driver doesn’t offer a direct download"
After looking into it further I tried to update the driver through the Computer Management options of the Administrative Tools on my computer & it said that there wasn’t a better version for that driver…

[QUOTE=Akutski5;2545521]I can’t seem to find a download that actually works or a site that looks trustworthy[/quote]Softpedia perhaps.

This is the naked firmware file. No instructions enclosed. From the age of this drive, I assume, the firmware update needs to performed from a floppy (or an USB stick) running plain DOS.

After looking into it further I tried to update the driver through the Computer Management options of the Administrative Tools on my computer & it said that there wasn’t a better version for that driver…
We are talking about the drive’s firmware which is basically some kind of Bios. [U]Drivers[/U] are part of the operating system.

Michael

Wow that CyberDrv CW088D is approx. 8 to 9 years old it makes more sense to
just buy a new DVD/CDRW drive than to mess around trying to get that one to
work correctly since the price on them is sooooooooo cheap now days. :iagree:

Here is a link to some new IDE DVD/CDRW drives starting at $16.99 :bigsmile:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007589+600003705&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=5&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=