Burned CDR won't play in port. player

vbimport

I had burned images of the pages of a book to a CDR.
I then attempted to play this CDR on a Durabrand PDB-702 portable DVD player.
It states on the box that this player will play CDRs.
When inserted, the portable DVD player screen will say, “Loading…”.
I’ve waited and waited, but “Loading…” is the only thing that will display.
Wassup, ye disk gods?

[QUOTE=knewbee;2067699]I had burned images of the pages of a book to a CDR.
I then attempted to play this CDR on a Durabrand PDB-702 portable DVD player.
It states on the box that this player will play CDRs.
When inserted, the portable DVD player screen will say, “Loading…”.
I’ve waited and waited, but “Loading…” is the only thing that will display.
Wassup, ye disk gods?[/QUOTE]

Did you burn those images in JPG format? Does your DVD player support viewing of JPG files? What is the brand of the CD-R you have used?

[QUOTE=pepst;2067729]Did you burn those images in JPG format? Does your DVD player support viewing of JPG files? What is the brand of the CD-R you have used?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply…
I had to choose the “mastered” option so it would play on the portable DVD player. However, apparently the res on the player isn’t high enough, as the book page cannot be read when displayed on the player.
Tell me I’m not gonna have to take this DVD player back…
I know of some 800 x 480, 800 x 600 res port. players out there…
LG, Insignia…just didn’t want to spend the extra dough…

The problem may be that NTSC resolution is at most 720 X 480 which translates to roughly 40 charachters per line by 20 or so lines of text. Think Commodore 64 resolution for text. Don’t confuse screen resolution with source resolution.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2069557]The problem may be that NTSC resolution is at most 720 X 480 which translates to roughly 40 charachters per line by 20 or so lines of text. Think Commodore 64 resolution for text. Don’t confuse screen resolution with source resolution.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, olyteddy…
I do dimly realize the possibility of a difference between screen res and source res.
I didn’t mention that, in shooting each page, I hung each horizontally in order to best fit the page to frame.
I had also set focus on the camcorder to “manual”, and dialed in the most detailed focus imagineable. I say “the most detailed focus imagineable” because it is impossible to see just how sharply text has been brought into focus until the frame is captured, and then viewed from the memory card on my laptop, unless I might figure out how to connect my camcorder to a television set with the included RCA cable. I’m sure I would get an image of what I was about to shoot large enough to determine whether the end result might be more readable…
Then, I had planned to burn the image onto the final medium (CDR) a few to several times so as to derive the very best setting for readable text.
I tried this with another project, which is readable on my lappie, but have not, as yet, burned these images onto disk. They will probably prove to be unreadable, as well. But I’m going to be optimistic, and burn the da** things anyway!:eek: