[QUOTE=olyteddy;2069557]The problem may be that NTSC resolution is at most 720 X 480 which translates to roughly 40 charachters per line by 20 or so lines of text. Think Commodore 64 resolution for text. Don’t confuse screen resolution with source resolution.[/QUOTE]
I do dimly realize the possibility of a difference between screen res and source res.
I didn’t mention that, in shooting each page, I hung each horizontally in order to best fit the page to frame.
I had also set focus on the camcorder to “manual”, and dialed in the most detailed focus imagineable. I say “the most detailed focus imagineable” because it is impossible to see just how sharply text has been brought into focus until the frame is captured, and then viewed from the memory card on my laptop, unless I might figure out how to connect my camcorder to a television set with the included RCA cable. I’m sure I would get an image of what I was about to shoot large enough to determine whether the end result might be more readable…
Then, I had planned to burn the image onto the final medium (CDR) a few to several times so as to derive the very best setting for readable text.
I tried this with another project, which is readable on my lappie, but have not, as yet, burned these images onto disk. They will probably prove to be unreadable, as well. But I’m going to be optimistic, and burn the da** things anyway!