Burned CD-r doesn't play in CD player

vbimport

hi everyone

i need everyones helps since ive hear this is the spot to get the best answers to problems im sorry for grammer and spelling im on iphone

here is what i have:

DELL XPS420 “brand new 5days old”
specs i realy dont know but its fast and handles alot of stuff
but here is the problem

i use ROXIO Easy Media Creator 10 suite
it completes the burn no problems but it does not play on car cd player
plays in home cd players computer and all just not car

i have tried some of the following stuff

1.burning on a low speed 14x
2.its not from cd because a old computer burns the same cd and it plays in the car
3.i have settings on DAO MODE is set on mode1 and last is set on iso+juliet

reason i want to use this software is because of the fade feature

please help me out GEEK SQUODE didnt know nothing i dont know how they have a job there

Hello there in iphone world.

Well there a few things. First off, I don’t think 14x is a supported writing speed, sometimes when you pick an odd speed the software will revert to another speed. But usually its multiples of 4x, like 16x, 24x, 32x, that type of thing. Secondly, make sure your software is ‘finalizing’ the disc, if its not finalized then it won’t play in most standalone players. Another possiblity is the quality of the blank discs, but since your pc can play it then thats probably not the problem.

To see what speeds your burner supports for those particular CD’s, download the free program cdspeed2000, put in a blank disc and look under the ‘info’ tab, it should give a list of what speeds are supported by your burner.

it can handle up to 48x burn speed i just tired burrrn and that didnt work but i tired windows media player and it worked but i dont want to use that for burning can it maybe be only track at once because it looks as if when windows media player burns it burns as track at once not disc at once im just shooting out ideas

here is what i pulled up on nero cd dvd speed software what is does is give info on the cd i burned that didnt work well 1 of like 20

General Information
Drive: PBDS DVD±RW DH-16W1S
Firmware: 2D14
Disc: Audio CD (Ritek)
Selected speed: Maximum
C1 errors
Maximum: 93
Average: 26.48
Total: 108061
C2 errors
Maximum: 22
Average: 0.30
Total: 1244
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 2:37
Number of samples: 4074
Average scanning interval: 1.00 sec
Glitches removed: 2

now understand i dont understand this or the program but i was thinking it might help out and shine some light for many people having this problem

[QUOTE=MAKAVE71;2058396]
General Information
[B]<… snip>[/B] :cool:
Disc: Audio CD (Ritek)
Selected speed: Maximum
C1 errors
Maximum: 93
Average: 26.48
Total: 108061
C2 errors
Maximum: 22
Average: 0.30
Total: 1244
Jitter: n/a
[B]<…snip>[/B] :cool:
[/QUOTE]

Is seems your media is not good or your burner can not handle this. Hiere a link of a good CD burn: (Done with a Plextor Premium CD burner)
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2031429-post1516.html

The 4600C1 error are at all not a very good but accepable value. A really good CD burn has below 1000 C1 errors :cool: [B][I](<edit>C1 value modified from 100 to 1000</edit>)[/I][/B]
Your scan told us a total of 100000 C1 errors and reports a feww C2 errors. A good CD burne never has a C2 or Cu error.

Maybe you should try a better CD media such as Verbatim. I’d never use Ritek and waste my money for crappy media, I waste my money for other cool stuff … :cool: :bigsmile: :iagree:

At all this should help with you CD player problem

• use a low CD burning speed
  • use DAO option
  • use a good CD media

Some players has problems if the jutter of the burn is too high, for this reason you should use the lowes possible speed. Most drives has a lower jitter with a lower speed burn.

[quote=TM;2058411]A really good CD burn has below 100 C1 errors :cool:[/quote] In that case I have never ever had a “really good CD burn”! :disagree:

With a useful scanning drive, any average C1 below 2.0/s and maximum C1 < 50 with no C2 errors of the E22 and E32 type would be a very good burn in my book.

The scan results in the first post is very poor, but I don’t know how good that drive is as a quality scanner.

Try some other good quality CD-R media and see how that works in your drive, and burn at somewhere in the 16-32x range.

Also try burning a CD-R with another burning program such as e.g. Burrrn in order to see if it’s a software problem.

ok here is few things thanks for ur response btw

i dont know why it showed what it showed for cd brand btu its a memorex cd-r now i have burned same cd-r on diffrent computer and it works fine in the car. but i also used windows media player and it worked fine but i dont like windows media player for cd burning.

also i did burn low speed of 14 or 12 i dont remember that didnt help
i also did used DAO AND TAO didnt work

let me just remind u this is a DELL XPS 420 WINDOWS VIST PEACE OF SHI* grrrrr

its got to be software conflicting with one another i dont think windows vista will go far to making sure mp3 dont burn or anything btw i was using EMC10 suite and i uninstalled that already thinkin its not gonna work with that till i find what is the deal

[quote=DrageMester;2058415]In that case I have never ever had a “really good CD burn”! :disagree:

With a useful scanning drive, any average C1 below 2.0/s and maximum C1 < 50 with no C2 errors of the E22 and E32 type would be a very good burn in my book.

The scan results in the first post is very poor, but I don’t know how good that drive is as a quality scanner.

Try some other good quality CD-R media and see how that works in your drive, and burn at somewhere in the 16-32x range.

Also try burning a CD-R with another burning program such as e.g. Burrrn in order to see if it’s a software problem.[/quote]

i tried other like sony and JVC i burn at 16 i beleave and also tried burrrn software that was nice and small i liked it but didnt work

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2058415]In that case I have never ever had a “really good CD burn”! :disagree:
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I was a little stingy, I’d say below 1000 C1 errors not 100 :o. That is a reachable goal I guess. With my TY CD-R it is possible with no big problems. I changed the value in my post :slight_smile: Thanks for this hint.

help me can if be from any of these problems

i have windows media center
windows media player
Catalyst Media Center
itunes

i think thats about all that might burn cds please help anyone

I think the problem is a conflict between Roxio & Vista since WMP will do a sucessful burn.
This could be it hits some of Vista’s built in copy protection or some settings you need to change in Roxio.
Try a couple of the freeware file type readers like GSpot & Mediainfo.
http://gspot.headbands.com/
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Do these show any differences between the Roxio & WMP burn?
I’m not sure if this would be a factor but Vista default UDF is 2.01 maybe you other computer or WMP uses different packet writing.

[quote=cholla;2058563]I think the problem is a conflict between Roxio & Vista since WMP will do a sucessful burn.
This could be it hits some of Vista’s built in copy protection or some settings you need to change in Roxio.
Try a couple of the freeware file type readers like GSpot & Mediainfo.
http://gspot.headbands.com/
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Do these show any differences between the Roxio & WMP burn?
I’m not sure if this would be a factor but Vista default UDF is 2.01 maybe you other computer or WMP uses different packet writing.[/quote]

i have bin loookin around on google and seem like im not the only one looks like windows vista built in burning program uses a conversion that is not compatible with alot of stuff "its all vista man with there built in stuff im willing to find a fix for this so that way i dont need to installl xp pro

anyone have windows vista here