Burned Audio CD Problem

vbimport

I have a Phillips SPD2413P with the most updated firmware I could find gp03. But for some reason My burnt audio cd’s will not play in one of the vehicles. While in another car the cd plays no problem.

Can anyone recommend a software fix to correct this ?

[QUOTE=ThinKDbl;2077705]I have a Phillips SPD2413P with the most updated firmware I could find gp03. But for some reason My burnt audio cd’s will not play in one of the vehicles. While in another car the cd plays no problem.

Can anyone recommend a software fix to correct this ?[/QUOTE]

Hi ThinKDbl,
your problem is not a software, but most likely a CD-R medium. What brand did you use? Some CD-Rs are not too compatible with older or picky CD players.

Hmmm that’s a possibilty… But I have tried a couple of brands being maxwell and memorex … Ideas perhaps ? I know this player used to play nearly any burned cd’s from older burners I used to have.

I think that your Philips SPD2413P is a rebadged Lite-On and the problem is not the media, just the burner. There’s a whole thread discussing this problem here. Try to burn the cds in another burner.

Thanks for the headsup… I’m going to try fugi film cdrs as someone stated in that thread that they work…

Some vehicle’s stereos (cars/cycles) are just picky and will not play burned media or will not play with any degree of consistency. If you can find an identical/similar system at a dealer, see if your burned CD will play on their system.

If you do have one of those picky systems, a possibility is to put an aftermarket stereo in your car. After pulling my hair out, that’s what I did on my cycle.

I don’t where you are located but many retailers will install a decent stereo for under $100 USD.

with my old lg or even liteon drives I never ever had a problem playing cdrs in this vehicle. I’m more likely to just change the drives than purchase a new cd player. In fact it still plays many burnt cd’s I previously made.

I’m just responding to your original post where you said:

But for some reason My burnt audio cd’s will not play in one of the vehicles.

No Worries… Responses always welcome…