BurnAware is unable to detect recorder in win 7 64 bit

vbimport

BurnAware on Windows 7 64 bit give me error unable to detect recorder. Last time i looked on thier site there was a link to files but I did not know which ones. Now i see there is a beta available. Would a beta be OK as it is a new pc or can anyone tell me what files refer to win 7 64 bit

you could try a beta or use what i use for general data burning which is ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com) which i consider to be the best software for general data burning and best of all it’s free. (‘MODE > BUILD’ is typically what you will want to use when burning random files on your PC to a DVD recordable)

if you want to try something with a little more user friendly interface… then i would give CDBurnerXP (http://cdburnerxp.se/) a try. (this is what i would recommend for AUDIO CD’s if you burn those, but if all you do is burn DVD related stuff then i would recommend ImgBurn although CDBurnerXP will work for DVD’s to)

p.s. i am not the only person who uses ImgBurn either as it appears most of the people here are big fans of that program for general data burning.

ImgBurn will also work fine with Windows 7 x64 (64bit) which is what i got myself.

[QUOTE=NBR;2516096]you could try a beta or use what i use for general data burning which is ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com) which i consider to be the best software for general data burning and best of all it’s free. (‘MODE > BUILD’ is typically what you will want to use when burning random files on your PC to a DVD recordable)

if you want to try something with a little more user friendly interface… then i would give CDBurnerXP (http://cdburnerxp.se/) a try. (this is what i would recommend for AUDIO CD’s if you burn those, but if all you do is burn DVD related stuff then i would recommend ImgBurn although CDBurnerXP will work for DVD’s to)

p.s. i am not the only person who uses ImgBurn either as it appears most of the people here are big fans of that program for general data burning.

ImgBurn will also work fine with Windows 7 x64 (64bit) which is what i got myself.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. It is for burning moviesI want. That is not data burning is it? Thanks
ps CDBurnerXP wants to add the Ask taskbar. I considser that adware/spyware and would not have it on my pc

Hi,[QUOTE=david banner;2516185]It is for burning moviesI want. That is not data burning is it? Thanks[/quote]ImgBurn is fine for movies.

ps CDBurnerXP wants to add the Ask taskbar.
So does ImgBurn. Normally, you should be able to uncheck “install (insert name) Toolbar” during the software installation.
Unfortunately, many freeware (and commercial) applications have such toolbar installer integrated into the setup routines nowadays.

Michael

Thanks Michael
Was looking at dvdshrink and it says the best way to reduce size is to only tick the main movie. What if anything do you lose by only ticking main movie. What are the others? Are the extra features like interviews with the actors etc?
ImgBurn 2500 does not have the ask as far as i can see?

If you check main movie only will only give you the main movie thus leaving out the previews for other movies and the interviews and so forth at least that is the way it is with most burning softwares, Imgburn is only a burner not a ripper thats why it doesn’t have that feature

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2516215]If you check main movie only will only give you the main movie thus leaving out the previews for other movies and the interviews and so forth at least that is the way it is with most burning softwares, Imgburn is only a burner not a ripper thats why it doesn’t have that feature[/QUOTE]Ok thanks. I dowloaded the latest imgbrun which is supposed to give a choice of ask tolbar but see no mention of it in the installation wizard so will not be installing that in case it does so without my knowledge
Regards
DB

[QUOTE=david banner;2516216]Ok thanks. I dowloaded the latest imgbrun which is supposed to give a choice of ask tolbar but see no mention of it in the installation wizard so will not be installing that in case it does so without my knowledge[/QUOTE]I installed ImgBurn recently, and I had the choice of deselecting the Ask Toolbar. You simply need to check all dialog options carefully.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2516230]I installed ImgBurn recently, and I had the choice of deselecting the Ask Toolbar. You simply need to check all dialog options carefully.

Michael[/QUOTE]Tried it twice, no ref to ask. Anyway i tried the BurnAware beta and it works fine on my win 7 box

[QUOTE=david banner;2516232]Tried it twice, no ref to ask. [/QUOTE]Huh?
This is the initial sequence (I left out the “License Agreement” screen) of ImgBurn setup:

Oh yes see it now thought it would be before ‘install location’ screen. Is it safe if you untick all the ask.com stuff?Thanks for your patience

[QUOTE=david banner;2516332]Oh yes see it now thought it would be before ‘install location’ screen. Is it safe if you untick all the ask.com stuff?Thanks for your patience[/QUOTE]

Yes!

Mr. Bill :iagree: