Burn write error

hi,
I have a richoh 8x burner.
it has all of a sudden getting wrtie errors when burning .
if I burn small sizes eg 50 meg it is fine if i burn 300meg or so i
get the write error…

any ideas would be great thanks
drewid:(

You wouldn’t happen to have XP installed? There have been many people having buffer underrun errors in XP. It involves your drive being switched to PIO instead of DMA by XP. If you look around on the hardware forum you will see similar threads that can help you more.

Originally posted by drewid
[B]hi,
I have a richoh 8x burner.
it has all of a sudden getting wrtie errors when burning .
if I burn small sizes eg 50 meg it is fine if i burn 300meg or so i
get the write error…

any ideas would be great thanks
drewid:( [/B]
What is the exact error that you get during the writing process?

If it is a buffer under run problem, it could be your DMA settings as FD suggested. In any other case, it could be due to other reasons, like media related etc. What are you trying to burn? Please try to be a bit more specific :wink:

Im using nero 5
it is not a buffer under run, it is a write error.
Im using windows 2000
and i have tried different versions of nero
it does not matter what i burn it seems to be more on the quantity being burned.

Write errors can be caused by buffer problems. Try expanding the size of your buffer and dont run too many programs while burning. It can also be a media problem. Check to see if the discs that you are burning the data on are in actually workable quality.
As an extreme long-shot check to see if your drive is overheating. If it is overheating while burning 300 mb then you have a problem with the drive.

Try updating your ASPI and firmware which most of the time is a good idea. You might even downgrade your ASPI drivers if you have the newer ones because that solved some problems.

Finally, explain what sort of errors are your getting? How do you know you are getting these errors?

My HP 8x burner first started giving me this error in Nero.

Then after few days Track following error.

Eventually both errors & the burner died out.

I had owned it for on 13 months.

Hi all ,
Newbie here :slight_smile:

I have a ricoh 7080a and Had no problems with Nero.5.5
Know I want to make copies of the new games with the safedisc2
When I burn onto blank I get errors.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help

What sort of errors? Are you producing unreadable discs or doe sthe message "please insert correct disk into drive * " pop up when you try to play off your copy? :slight_smile:

The error is when I try to burn an image or 1on1 copy.
I have a ricoh rw 7080a also using Windows xp.
The cd-rom copies the image to HD but does’nt want to copy the Image or cd…
I also had a problem loading up windows after restarting it , so I had to go back to my normal settings.
Then I deleted alcohol software.
I really like the software but i have to work the bugs out somehow.

what should I do next to solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

When you say that it doesnt want to copy it onto a cd , what do you mean? The button to burn is not available or does it look like its burning but nothing comes out on the finshed cd? Elaborate please :slight_smile: