Burn with sohc-5232k combo drive

how do i burn games with that drive, everytime i try in alcohol 120% it comes with an disc read error when it starts to burn. please help mee :bow:

What game? What version of Alcohol are you using?

This is probably a SafeDisc protected game or another Bad Sectors based protection. Choose the SafeDisc profile, and let it read:)

i did that but it still comes with a disc read error

What games are you copying?

i tryed with harry potter 2 :slight_smile:

Try CloneCD. Read the disc with the Protected Game Profile, and see if it can read.

Good Luck:)

i tryed that but no luck :frowning: can it be the burner that cant burn protected cd’s

Your burner is just fine. What sector does this read error come up? And does this happen with any other game?

Hi case,

how do i burn games with that drive, everytime i try in alcohol 120% it comes with an disc read error when it starts to burn. please help mee

So the error comes when the reading process starts or when you want to burn your dumped image? If you’re dumping the image and this error messages appear in the Alcohol log window it’s no problem! Just relax and they will stop around 10000+ :).

WEEE that worked thx alot :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to use the SafeDisc profile, not SafeDisc profile 2/3, for reading and writing at slow speed case, then you should get a nice backup with your burner :).

i used safedisc 2/3 :\

Not a problem :), but it’s an emulation copy. Using SafeDisc profile should end in an ‘1:1’ backup.

Watcha think I meant by that?

case, I thought you said the error came up when burning? Or just a typo:)

hmm but it works soo, but i make an image first and the i burn the image
and what do u mean with its an emulation copy??