Burn video from PC onto a DVD RAM

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR HS2. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,
I want to copy video from my PC (XP SP3) to a DVD RAM that I can then play back on my Panasonic DMR HS2 DVD recorder. I have tried various drivers to format the DVD Ram. Thanks in anticipation.

Then just copy it…

[QUOTE=Paul111;2306603] I want to copy video from my PC (XP SP3) to a DVD RAM [/QUOTE]
If the video on the PC is a classical “DVD video format” (VOB files) you do not need to format the DVD-RAM.
Just burn the DVD video as usual using Nero or ImgBurn and you will get the UDF 1.02 file system on your burned DVD-RAM.

A Panasonic standalone DVD player is usualy able to play such DVD-RAM’s.
Most of other brands of standalone DVD players do not play them

The files I want to copy are VOB files. I have tried a simple copy and I have tried burning with Nero. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but when I put it in the DVD player I get “UNFORMATTED”

You only have .VOB files or .ifo and .bup too?

Hi, I have the same problem,what files do you actually have when converting to dvd-ram,my standalone panasonic dvd recorder will not play them, says disc not recognised but will play dvd-rw/r discs converted via AVS Video Tools. I also convert YouTube videdeos via Quivic then AVS but the quality is not very good,having then a mosaic tpye effect,the videos then are very hazy. Any way I can improve on the?

I have the .ifo and .bup files as well. I use aone-soft.com AVI DivX to DVD SVCD VCD Converter to convert the files. from .avi files.