Burn "successful" or so it says!

vbimport

I have a video file which I would like to burn to a DVD. I assume by the warnings I have recieved that it is in NTSC format, but NERO automatically changes this. I have tried changing between programs to try and complete this, but all have displayed a burn successful alert and then the disc appears to be unreadable and I can tell from the underside of the DVD that it is not blank. However, I have narrowed down the possible causes of this by creating an .NRG file with NERO of the DVD and emulating it. This works fine and runs well. So therefore the problem must lie with the DVD Writer. If it helps, it is a “TSSTcorp CD/DVDRW TS-L532L” which seems to be the least talked about DVD writer on the net. Also, I have a laptop, so the idea of buying a new DVD writer is a costly one.

Any possible solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciatted. :slight_smile:

I have a video file which I would like to burn to a DVD. I assume by the warnings I have recieved that it is in NTSC format, but NERO automatically changes this. I have tried changing between programs to try and complete this, but all have displayed a burn successful alert and then the disc appears to be unreadable and I can tell from the underside of the DVD that it is not blank. However, I have narrowed down the possible causes of this by creating an .NRG file with NERO of the DVD and emulating it. This works fine and runs well. So therefore the problem must lie with the DVD Writer. If it helps, it is a “TSSTcorp CD/DVDRW TS-L532L” which seems to be the least talked about DVD writer on the net. Also, I have a laptop, so the idea of buying a new DVD writer is a costly one.

Any possible solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciatted. :slight_smile:

Media used, where is it unreadable, Nero version.

Hi thehoodedone and welcome to CDFreaks. Please do not crosspost as it causes more work for our members and is against the forum rules. Please read them.

Media - Unknown (fully covered printable top, stamp-id: DR6A03-00610 if that helps)
NERO version - 7.2.0.3b
Unreadable - All of my DVD reading applications wont run it and neither will my dvd player.

First use better media.