Burn speeds

vbimport

Hi, I have just purchased a 24102B burner and am wondering what the "correct" burn speeds for my writer are
1. Copying Audio CD's (I have burnt at max speed with no coasters so far.
2. Copy protected games (i use Clone CD 4.0 and have just used default settings i.e max read/Write with no probs also.

Should i be more careful or just go for the max speeds unless i start getting coasters?

I have read on some other forums that audio should be copied at low speeds?

Originally posted by Tats
[B]Hi, I have just purchased a 24102B burner and am wondering what the “correct” burn speeds for my writer are

1. Copying Audio CD’s (I have burnt at max speed with no coasters so far.
  2. Copy protected games (i use Clone CD 4.0 and have just used default settings i.e max read/Write with no probs also.

Should i be more careful or just go for the max speeds unless i start getting coasters?

I have read on some other forums that audio should be copied at low speeds? [/B]
It would help if you mentioned the exact burner you have (different drives have different capabilities) but anyways:

1. There are a lot of people saying that audio should be written at lower speeds. This is not by any means obligatory. I have a 40x plextor and write my audio on high speeds (24+) and never had any problems. I only write at lower speeds when burning mp3 with nero. You should write at any speed you fancy and start lowering when you get jitter or something.

2. Most games can be written at max speed. The only case i use lower speeds (x8) is when i back up games with bad sectors.

Hope this works for you :wink:

The only case i use lower speeds (x8) is when i back up games with bad sectors.

There’re absolutely no necessity for this.

I use lower speeds only (i.e. below 40x) if I know that the brand of media i use gets C2-errors at 40x.

Originally posted by alexnoe
There’re absolutely no necessity for this…
Didn’t say it is necessary … it’s just what i prefer to do just to be sure

You are not more or less sure anyway.
Talking japanese to me would do as much as to the bad sectors as a lower recording speed…you achieve exactly nothing.

Easy fellows, let us not start any mudslinging. Everybody have their own opinion :wink:

You are not more or less sure anyway.
Talking japanese to me would do as much as to the bad sectors as a lower recording speed…you achieve exactly nothing.

Why are you acting like a 5 year-old ??

I just said that i use x8 when dealing with bad sectors, my 2 year experience with clonecd proves that it works best with my system !!! There is nothing for me to prove or to achieve here. Besides it is the writing speed clony suggests also i think.

There is no reason why other people should use the same setting, actually the only reason we are all here is to get fresh ideas and useful info - if what you are after here is just to increase your # of posts, making a fazz about your nickname or something, you’re in the wrong place.

Making inpolite comments with no reason at all just depicts your mental and social backround. Talking japanese to you might be the only way one could communicate with the likes of you …

Case closed, i am out of here …

PS: Sorry OC, i did nothing to cauze this :confused:

I’m sorry if you consider that impolite. I simply did a simple comparation, not more.

my 2 year experience with clonecd proves that it works best with my system

So can you tell some effects you noticed due to the lower recording speed?

:o My writer is an Liteon 24102B, does this make any difference to burning at a Higher/lower speed.

With my LTR-24102B I always write at full speed without problems.

The only times I do not do it is when I know that my media will not handle the speed (had some crap 8X media that only worked ok at speeds up to 12X)

…So can you tell some effects you noticed due to the lower recording speed?
Yep, EFFECT=CD WORKED …

Is that a good enough reason for you? It could be that my crappy Ricoh and TDK drives i used at the time did errors while writing, it could be due the bad sectors, the bottom line is that it worked for me! If it doesn’t work for you or if you don’t agree with it you can just not use it!!