Burn speed way slow! (Plextor Internal E-IDE CD-R & DVD±R Recorder 16X DVD Burning 4X DVD+R DL)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-716A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a PX-716A burner. I don’t understand why it is copying and burning so slowly. My discs are 8X, but when I copy, the average write speed is little above 0 or 1X and it takes forever. Is there any way to adust the speed in the program. I had been using a 56K modem because I was too far out in a remote area to get a fast connection. I thought it was my connection that was causing the problem. Now I have cable, but it didn’t help at all. PLEASE HELP!

Check DMA status of the drive. Running in PIO mode is a common cause for slow burning. Here is a guide for checking this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/
The important thing to look for is Current Transfer Mode. It should be Ultra DMA 2 or 4.

Now on to the confusion that is your post about 56k and cable. These refer to connection to the internet, and have nothing whatsoever to do with burning speed on a dvd drive.

What program are you using to burn your data to your disks?

Also, copying and burning are two different things. So, as pointed out above, we have no clue what you are actually doing.