Burn Speed Keeps Changing?

My problem is that I burn videos in Dvd format that I have converted from avi to dvd. been doing this for over a year and a half. My burneris 16 speed. The Dvd blank disc I use are dvd-r 16X. I use Nero 6.6.0.18. I have always burnt them at 16 speed with no trouble. Now all of a sudden the same brand disc (its not the disc) will sometimes burn at 16, sometimes at 12 and sometimes at 4 speed. I used to always get a constant 16 speed. Do reckon something is unchecked in my Nero burner somewhere? I have checked everything. Any and all help would be deeply appreciated. many thanks and God Bless.

“Constant burn speed on DVD” is only possible up to appr. 6x, IIRC. The method is called [B]CAV[/B].

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/faq.html#4

[QUOTE=Onestep;2035964]My problem is that I burn videos in Dvd format that I have converted from avi to dvd. been doing this for over a year and a half. My burneris 16 speed. The Dvd blank disc I use are dvd-r 16X. I use Nero 6.6.0.18. I have always burnt them at 16 speed with no trouble. Now all of a sudden the same brand disc (its not the disc) will sometimes burn at 16, sometimes at 12 and sometimes at 4 speed. I used to always get a constant 16 speed. Do reckon something is unchecked in my Nero burner somewhere? I have checked everything. Any and all help would be deeply appreciated. many thanks and God Bless.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the brand of media you are using, quality can vary greatly, even within batches.

[I]Onestep[/I], what burner do you have.

Nero InfoTool

God bless you too. :slight_smile: