Burn speed/blank media

vbimport

when purchasing blank media and I always burn at 2x or 4x, (capable of 16x) should I really only be concerned with purchasing a 8X burn blank media? i’m in no hurry to burn and I’ve been told to go slow, as to get the best quality outcome.
thank you.

[quote=drmax1111;2147313]when purchasing blank media and I always burn at 2x or 4x, (capable of 16x) should I really only be concerned with purchasing a 8X burn blank media? i’m in no hurry to burn and I’ve been told to go slow, as to get the best quality outcome.
thank you.[/quote]
If you are using low quality media always burn at half the rated speed of the blanks, if you are using good quality media like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden then you can birn at the rated speed.
Burning to slow can and will be more problematic then burning to fast

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2147320]If you are using low quality media always burn at half the rated speed of the blanks, if you are using good quality media like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden then you can birn at the rated speed.
Burning to slow can and will be more problematic then burning to fast[/QUOTE]
Oh, I see. Did not realize slow is not good. Darn. Uh, I posted another question on the site recently, I may as well ask you sir…who is a reputable online seller of the TY brand, as not to get fakes? I don’t need it made of gold :), just good recording quality. Looking for -R media.
Thank you again.

Have a look in this sticky thread in our Blank Media forum:

[B]Did you know: Slow write speeds + modern drives + modern media = no good[/B]

Most of the time, burn speeds around 8x (6x, 8x, 12x) are the safest choices for burning 16x rated DVD media in a desktop DVD burner.

Burn speeds of 6x - 8x are ususally best for 8x rated DVD media burned in desktop DVD burners.

In laptop DVD burners the maximum speed (8x) is often too fast, and something like 4x is usually safer.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2147334]Have a look in this sticky thread in our Blank Media forum:

[B]Did you know: Slow write speeds + modern drives + modern media = no good[/B]

Most of the time, burn speeds around 8x (6x, 8x, 12x) are the safest choices for burning 16x rated DVD media in a desktop DVD burner.

Burn speeds of 6x - 8x are ususally best for 8x rated DVD media burned in desktop DVD burners.

In laptop DVD burners the maximum speed (8x) is often too fast, and something like 4x is usually safer.[/QUOTE]
i started that read and was distracted. i will go back a read. thank you
(just read and totally understand. very good information and I’ll share with my friends)

[QUOTE=drmax1111;2147330]Oh, I see. Did not realize slow is not good. Darn. Uh, I posted another question on the site recently, I may as well ask you sir…who is a reputable online seller of the TY brand, as not to get fakes? I don’t need it made of gold :), just good recording quality. Looking for -R media.
Thank you again.[/QUOTE]

Yo drmax1111-

If you give us your location - we can assist you in finding a good vendor for the Taiyo Yuden medias-eh!!

[quote=bigmike7;2147605]Yo drmax1111-

If you give us your location - we can assist you in finding a good vendor for the Taiyo Yuden medias-eh!![/quote] Already dealt with in another thread:

[B]reputable online retailer for genuine TY media[/B]

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2147605]Yo drmax1111-

If you give us your location - we can assist you in finding a good vendor for the Taiyo Yuden medias-eh!![/QUOTE]
indiana…and i just ordered 100 from meritline. thx for all the info.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2147608]Already dealt with in another thread:

[B]reputable online retailer for genuine TY media[/B][/QUOTE]

Yo Draggles-

Sorry for trying to help - again - my mind reader was turned off-eh!!