Burn SecuROM

vbimport

Hi!

Tried to burn SecuROM protected CD (Colin McRae Rally 2.0 german), with Plextor 12x and Clone CD. Reading 1x Writing 4x. When I start the game it says CMR2 caused an Error etc... does anyone know this Problem with SecuROM?

cu

Byrdland

No never had that problem… I didn’t copy this game but for SecuROM you should use these settings:

-Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
-Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks

But I think you already knew this. But why do you use such a slow reading and writing speed? The Plex12x should be able to do it at full speed (I have the same writer)… It can read the Subs without any errors at max speed. Dunno if this is the problem (I doubt it) but it should really speed things up for you :slight_smile:

Please give us some more info like does the original game work? Does the back-up work when you use DAEMON Tools?

Grtz and goodluck

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]No never had that problem… I didn’t copy this game but for SecuROM you should use these settings:

-Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks
-Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks

Hi,

Yes, I tried these settings, know the game works, but still wants the cd inserted… maybe it is not the “usual” SecuROM…

cu

Byrdland

Let me get this straight:

The back-up does work but it wants the CD inserted? If so what’s the problem?

CloneCD copies the game like the original and since the original needs the CD inserted then so does the back-up!

Or do you mean something else?

[
The back-up does work but it wants the CD inserted? If so what’s the problem?

CloneCD copies the game like the original and since the original needs the CD inserted then so does the back-up!

Or do you mean something else? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi,
Yes, the Game wants the cd inserted although it is already inserted… the available patches do not work, but that´s another story…

cu

Byrdland

secuROM? in the uk it uses discguard which is a different kettle of fish altogether.From wot i’ve seen the only way 2 copy is with a patch/crack and this is a bit iffy.Lucky this seems 2 be the only game with this protection as it’s so good even the original doesn’t play in some pc’s:mad: