Burn seamless multi-track CD w/ Nero OR ImgBurn

vbimport

I’m trying to burn a back-up CD-R that will contain only the first eleven tracks from a classical CD that contains 18 tracks.

These first 11 tracks comprise a single orchestral work which is played straight-through, with no pauses or breaks at the demarcations between the tracks.

I tried burning a CD using Nero 7, but it put silent gaps between the tracks.

I’m wondering how to burn a CD of these 11 tracks that will play straight-through like my original CD does, without any breaks or annoying clicks between the tracks.

Would ImgBurn perhaps be a better tool for this job?

Yeah, sure.

For a 1:1 copy I’d use clonecd.

Thanks, chef, for that quick response to my query.

Will clonecd allow me to burn only the first eleven tracks from my CD?

The name “clonecd” sounds like it is designed to copy the entire CD.

[QUOTE=Clueless in Seattle;2597797]Will clonecd allow me to burn only the first eleven tracks from my CD?
[/QUOTE]Unfortunately it won’t.

Only one of many ways:

• Download PerfectRip: http://perfectrip.cdfreaks.com/

• open it and select your first 11 tracks, next>

• here you can keep the default reading options (possibly reduce cd read speed), next>

• image/rip

• open ImgBurn -> Write image file to disc -> select the cue file that PerfectRip created

[QUOTE=Clueless in Seattle;2597755]
I tried burning a CD using Nero 7, but it put silent gaps between the tracks.

[/QUOTE]

Very simple actually. In Nero, highlight tracks 2-11, right click and select properties. Set the gap from 2 sec to 0. That’s it. The first track always has to have the 2-sec gap at the beginning.

Assuming you already have ripped the tracks to your hard drive what CDan posted should be correct . For Nero .
ImgBurn can do the same .
Tools/Create Cue file
Browse for the file using the folder icon.
Select files 1 - 11 & Open into the Cue .
In options select Pregap 0 seconds .
You probably don’t need CD Text for this cue but use custom if you do. Then type in the information you want on disc , all tracks or just track 1 .
Select “OK” . Then use ImgBurn Write mode . Use the .cue file .
Set your write speed & then hit the write button.

[QUOTE=CDan;2597843]Very simple actually. In Nero, highlight tracks 2-11, right click and select properties. Set the gap from 2 sec to 0. That’s it. The first track always has to have the 2-sec gap at the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks CDan! That did the trick.